DIY Post-bacc Class Recommendations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

projectpremed

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! I am currently doing a DIY post bacc and I just wanted to see yalls opinions on some of my class options. I just wanted to see what yalls opinions on what classes would be best!

Heres some of the options:

Concepts of Parasitology- 400 level. I have taken a parasitology class at a different college ( I got a C though), but this seems like a different class since this college has a parasitology class and then this concept of parasitology class. Also, I am currently a TA for a parasitology class and have learned a lot through teaching and so I know I would thrive in this class

Principle of Neurobiology- 500 level- taught through the medical school

A & P 1- 200 level. I know this is still a hard science but is the course number level too low

Molecular Systems Discussion- 400 level

Principles of Gene Expression- 400 level. Iffy rate my professor ratings

Immunobiology- 500 level. Taught through the medical school. Is this the same thing as immunology? I can't find a straight answer. This college offers immunology and immunobiology so I am not sure. I have already taken an immunology class.

Thank you guys for your opinions!

Members don't see this ad.

I know you know this, but for the purposes of anyone else following along, the thing to keep in mind is that you want a DIY post-bacc to mimic a med school curriculum.

A physician I shadowed strongly suggested I take Immunobiology. This is the same as Immunology. I would go for this.

I would also take the Neurobiology class you mention.