DIY Post Bacc - Reasonable Per Credit Tuition Rate?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted842137

Hey guys,

I've been looking through a bunch of schools to plan my DIY Post Bacc.

For people who have done similar research, what did you guys find was the typical price per credit at the universities you looked at?

I've been looking at mainly private, 4-year urban universities and I'm finding that most charge around 1100-1200 a credit.

This seems strange to me because there are some formal post bacc programs with cheaper per credit tuition.

I always thought formal post baccs in general are more expensive.

Members don't see this ad.

That's because you're looking at private schools. Try your local state schools instead.

Hey guys,

I've been looking through a bunch of schools to plan my DIY Post Bacc.

For people who have done similar research, what did you guys find was the typical price per credit at the universities you looked at?

I've been looking at mainly private, 4-year urban universities and I'm finding that most charge around 1100-1200 a credit.

This seems strange to me because there are some formal post bacc programs with cheaper per credit tuition.

I always thought formal post baccs in general are more expensive.

I checked all three before completing my informal post bacc.

In terms of cost,

Private Schools (~$1100/credit) > State Schools (~$700/credit) > CC (~$300/credit) were the figures in my area.

Members don't see this ad :)
What state are you in? My state university tuition is about $250 per credit hour and community colleges are about $100 per credit hour.

DIY 19 credit hours this semester at a local state university and paying $250 per credit hour. Flat rate above 12 credit hours