DLOSCE vs CDCA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

O&MFS

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am entering D4 year and deciding between DLOSCE and CDCA for licensure before HPSP payback. Would DLOSCE —> military residency —> payback —> enter civilian world cover me in all states due to the residency, or would I still be confined to practicing in the 6 that currently accept it?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I personally always recommend taking what’s accepted by the most states. Yes, you may be able to get licensed by credentials as opposed to examination, but there are some states that absolutely require passing certain examinations and even portions of examinations. It’s best to cover as many bases as you can early on when it won’t cost you an arm and a leg.

I had a coworker getting out at my last duty station that competed CDCA/ADEX, but did not take the Perio portion of the exam. The state he was moving to absolutely required this portion, so he had to fly to a dental school, get a patient to that school, pay the school, the patient, and CDCA, just to do a single quadrant of scaling. Huge waste of time and money, when it could’ve just been done at the time he took it in dental school.

Reactions: 2 users
I personally always recommend taking what’s accepted by the most states. Yes, you may be able to get licensed by credentials as opposed to examination, but there are some states that absolutely require passing certain examinations and even portions of examinations. It’s best to cover as many bases as you can early on when it won’t cost you an arm and a leg.

I had a coworker getting out at my last duty station that competed CDCA/ADEX, but did not take the Perio portion of the exam. The state he was moving to absolutely required this portion, so he had to fly to a dental school, get a patient to that school, pay the school, the patient, and CDCA, just to do a single quadrant of scaling. Huge waste of time and money, when it could’ve just been done at the time he took it in dental school.
was this state delaware, hawaii, or nevada?

Reactions: 1 user