DMU COM vs Rowan-SOM vs NSU KPCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Crust101

Reaction score
Hey y’all. Super grateful to hold acceptances to these 3 schools. If anyone could help me decide or list their pros and cons for these schools I would really appreciate it.

For reference I am interested in Psychiatry, IM, EM, and Pediatrics.

In terms of location I would like to practice in TX, FL, or NJ.

Members don't see this ad.

If in-state (or can get in-state tuition after 1 year), Rowan.

Otherwise, DMU. Rowan wouldn’t be worth the extra costs. I am pretty sure DMU has rotation sites in TX. NSU has historically had complaints about administration and is very expensive due to the sharp rise in COL and the already high tuition. The board pass rates decreased again too.

Reactions: 1 user
If in-state (or can get in-state tuition after 1 year), Rowan.

Otherwise, DMU. Rowan wouldn’t be worth the extra costs. I am pretty sure DMU has rotation sites in TX. NSU has historically had complaints about administration and is very expensive due to the sharp rise in COL and the already high tuition. The board pass rates decreased again too.

Thank you! I am a bit concerned about the clinical rotations for DMU given that I may be required to move every so often is this a valid concern ? Also for Rowan, I spent my entire life in NJ including undergrad before moving to Texas as of May 2023. With that being said even though my permanent residence right now is in Texas could I make the case for IS tuition? :)

Members don't see this ad :)
DMU does not have a year-long cohort site in Texas anymore.

Thank you! I am a bit concerned about the clinical rotations for DMU given that I may be required to move every so often is this a valid concern ? Also for Rowan, I spent my entire life in NJ including undergrad before moving to Texas as of May 2023. With that being said even though my permanent residence right now is in Texas could I make the case for IS tuition? :)
From what I recall, a lot of students can stay either in the Des Moines area or will go to a year-long site elsewhere. 4th year, people go out and do auditions based on the speciality they want to pursue. You could pick and end up with a bunch of spots in Des Moines too though.

You would have to check Rowan’s policy, but you probably would have had to live in Texas for a year to become a TX resident and lose the NJ residency.

Last edited:
From what I recall, a lot of students can stay either in the Des Moines area or will go to a year-long site elsewhere. 4th year, people go out and do auditions based on the speciality they want to pursue. You could pick and end up with a bunch of spots in Des Moines too though.

You would have to check Rowan’s policy, but you probably would have had to live in Texas for a year to become a TX resident and lose the NJ residency.

I really appreciate your comprehensive answer. Thank you so much.