DMU core rotation sites

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IUgrad

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, everyone,

I'm sorry if this has been covered somewhere before, but I did a search and couldn't find anything.

I am trying find out the list of core rotation sites for DMU, for the 3rd/4th years. It doesn't seem like this information is available on their website either. I was hoping maybe a current student could shed some light...

Thanks for your help!

Members don't see this ad.

DMU is changing some of their sites. Us 2nd years are waiting for that info. We'll pass it along when we get it.

As of now, it looks like we'll have sites in Iowa and Ohio. 4th year is wide open for electives. Nothing is set in stone at this point.

Thanks for the response! I really appreciate that you will pass along the info when you get it.

Members don't see this ad :)
I can tell you right now the Mercy health network in Des moines, Mason city, and Souix City will be spots. All are level 2 trauma's and have atleast a FM residency, so they can adequatly teach med students. Thats about 1400 beds altogether. I also would put money on Broadlawns in des moines (200 beds and FM residency). As for my class they have said that only 40 will need to go out of state. So for the 2012 it should be less.

Here is a link to the cataloque,pg 47 and 48 Has them listed, but some of the out of state ones will change.
http://www.dmu.edu/shared/content/communications/DMU%20Catalog 06-08.pdf

Thank you!!! That is very helpful! I just wanted to get an idea of where I could be placed.

If you do get further information about the changes, I'd love it if you'd let me know.

I'm sorry, but I have one more question. When DMU says that they have a lottery system for deciding 3rd year locations, how exactly does that work? Does a student rank his choices (if so, how many do we rank) and then are assigned that way? Or, is it a completely random assignment?

Thanks!

From what I've heard you pick a couple locations and then you match to one, sometimes your first choice, sometimes your 5th and so on. Now if you are married, have a house, spouse has job, you have kids, or you just have to be in des moines (good reason insert) then you go to a separate match.

From what I've heard you pick a couple locations and then you match to one, sometimes your first choice, sometimes your 5th and so on. Now if you are married, have a house, spouse has job, you have kids, or you just have to be in des moines (good reason insert) then you go to a separate match.

Is the separate match for married/kids/have a good reason to stay in des moines new? I don't remember that at my interview -- and I specifically asked about it.

~VC

Is the separate match for married/kids/have a good reason to stay in des moines new? I don't remember that at my interview -- and I specifically asked about it.

~VC

I dont know the details, I also dont believe its an "official separate match". but if you have kids in school, spouse has job, have a house etc...they wont split you up. You might have to do a couple of out rotations, but you wont have to move. The dean is trying to change the current system and is pulling strings to keep everyone in Iowa.

It's my understanding that this is actually false...of course they haven't spoken to use yet regarding our rotations for next year, but it's my understanding that this is a misconception that has somehow been passed on year after year. I always thought the aforementioned was true as well, but I've been hearing the opposite recently.

It's my understanding that this is actually false...of course they haven't spoken to use yet regarding our rotations for next year, but it's my understanding that this is a misconception that has somehow been passed on year after year. I always thought the aforementioned was true as well, but I've been hearing the opposite recently.

Which part is false? I always heard that they wont screw with immobile families. As for the lottery part that is what a current 3rd year described to me. Although I do feel bad for you 2nd years caught in the transition ;). What ever happens I feel confident that the dean will set up quality rotations. What we really need is to come up with enough funds to take iowa methodist/blanks/lutheran hospitals from U of I...but that school bleeds benjamins so it wont happen.

Which part is false? I always heard that they wont screw with immobile families. As for the lottery part that is what a current 3rd year described to me. Although I do feel bad for you 2nd years caught in the transition ;). What ever happens I feel confident that the dean will set up quality rotations. What we really need is to come up with enough funds to take iowa methodist/blanks/lutheran hospitals from U of I...but that school bleeds benjamins so it wont happen.

From what I have heard... They will work with these families to set something up. There is no separate lottery that I know of.

We have a meeting about rotations on Nov. 5th. We'll have more info then.

As a 2010, and recalling the information from my interviews and every thing else I have heard there is no special favoring of people with families or any other ties. You are a student and just a student. Having a family does not give you a special status over the single or unmarried students. Most DO schools are like this. You will move. Where do people come up with this stuff?

But now that they are trying to keep every one of us in iowa (except 40 to OH) I predict every one will want to stay in Des Moines, which otherwise wouldn't have been the case. Right now we don't know what is going on and won't until early november.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm a DMU 3RD year

Contrary to what the above poster thinks he/she knows, DMU DOES work with immobile families. If you have to be in a certain city or are unable to move, you will have your way.
They recognize that students with families have a huge responsibility and are often found to be unable to move. Single unmarried students without families are only responsible for themselves are therein expected to move if that is how they fair in the lottery.

I have a family with babies.

If you have a situation like mine or have a reason to stay in a certain city (not just Des moines, any city) you can fill out a special circumstances form and skip the lottery. Reasons include, but are not limited to, family, caring for disabled loved one, or receiving necessary medical treatment in a certain city. The special circumstance is reviewed by the dean of clinical affairs and approved or denied. I was one of 6 exemptions they gave out my year and I know of many that tried to get exempt. You are then exempt from the lottery. You will not be put in a separate lottery. You will give them a city/location and they will pick the site for you randomly. For example, I needed to stay in Des moines so.. they could have given me VA, mercy, or broadlawns. I did not get the chance to choose. And that is the catch to the exemption.

I know of another girl that needed to be in a certain ohio site b/c of some medical personal thing, so she got randomly placed in one of 3/4 hospitals within one hour of her needed ohio city.

I'm a DMU 3RD year

Contrary to what the above poster thinks he/she knows, DMU DOES work with immobile families. If you have to be in a certain city or are unable to move, you will have your way.
They recognize that students with families have a huge responsibility and are often found to be unable to move. Single unmarried students without families are only responsible for themselves are therein expected to move if that is how they fair in the lottery.

I have a family with babies.

If you have a situation like mine or have a reason to stay in a certain city (not just Des moines, any city) you can fill out a special circumstances form and skip the lottery. Reasons include, but are not limited to, family, caring for disabled loved one, or receiving necessary medical treatment in a certain city. The special circumstance is reviewed by the dean of clinical affairs and approved or denied. I was one of 6 exemptions they gave out my year and I know of many that tried to get exempt. You are then exempt from the lottery. You will not be put in a separate lottery. You will give them a city/location and they will pick the site for you randomly. For example, I needed to stay in Des moines so.. they could have given me VA, mercy, or broadlawns. I did not get the chance to choose. And that is the catch to the exemption.

I know of another girl that needed to be in a certain ohio site b/c of some medical personal thing, so she got randomly placed in one of 3/4 hospitals within one hour of her needed ohio city.

Thank you very much for the info. I think the most striking thing, however, is that only 6 people were provided exemptions. I think a lot of people are under the impression that if you have a family, you can avoid the lottery and choose your site. That's the major misconception that is being passed around.

I can't even count on all of my fingers and toes the number of people in my class that are under the assumption they will be exempt from the lottery. Doesn't seem entirely likely if only 6 were given out to all of last year's class....especially with the major overhaul of core rotation sites this year.

Thank you very much for the info. I think the most striking thing, however, is that only 6 people were provided exemptions. I think a lot of people are under the impression that if you have a family, you can avoid the lottery and choose your site. That's the major misconception that is being passed around.

I can't even count on all of my fingers and toes the number of people in my class that are under the assumption they will be exempt from the lottery. Doesn't seem entirely likely if only 6 were given out to all of last year's class....especially with the major overhaul of core rotation sites.

Yeah they will be in for a surprise. I will add that if you do have a family and you try to get special circumstance, you better have good reason. People with families have been denied before. In my case, we have medicaid, food stamps, and WIC in POLK county and would lose that, not to mention new baby on the way. I actually had to provide proof of this, as bizarre as that sounds.

My friend who is married, his wife is dying of cancer, he got exempt.
So, they examine each case/circumstance carefully and then decide to approve/deny.

However, I know of people that lied about their situation and got an exempt. So bleh.

However, I know of people that lied about their situation and got an exempt. So bleh.

No surprise there, despite the fact that we're bombarded with professionalism and ethics. We did all sign an honor code....don't forget that! :rolleyes:

Here's my 3rd year input:

Owning a house in Des Moines isn't an exemption for anyone who wants to try that. I was basically told to be ready to sell if I didn't get a Des Moines spot.
This also goes for anyone with a spouse that has a job/career here. You aren't exempt either.

DMU is a great school but all great schools have their own problems that need to be worked out. I believe this is one that DMU needs to work out. Sounds like they are trying to do that based on what I've been hearing in the rumor mill.

It seems like things are changing around a bit. There's a lot of 'from what I understand...' on this thread which may or may not be true for this year, as well as those to come. I will be first in line to add what I know to this thread on November 5th after the meeting to help future students, but until then, let's leave the thread be rather than speculating on what may or may not be true.

DMU's clinical affairs dept has gone through many changes in the past few years, and they say to expect more.
4th yr is very nice--only required rotation is 2 mos FP, then all the rest is elective time. this is a luxury many MD schools do not offer.
3rd yr was what you made of it:
pro--if you stay in Des Moines your entire 3rd yr, most of your rotations you'll be the only or one of few medical students, so there's more 1-on-1 w/docs.
con--the quality of your rotations can vary tremendously: OB at one site, you may see 2 births and have no hands on; OB at another site, you're 1st assist w/ c-sects, delivering every other day and performing exams (though OB is an exception...Des Moines is very short of OB spots and most people end up having to go to MI or somewhere for a month).

DO schools in general are not tied to big teaching institutions, so the intensity of rotations is--in my opinion--considerably different. this relates to the philosophy osteopathy has historically had, which is primary care, which isn't necessarily bad.

my overall impression: the first 2 yrs (didactics) were pretty good, the second 2 yrs (clinical) have some deficiencies, but you get out of it what you put in.

My guess would be he's mormon...they all do it, which is a joke.

I'm Catholic. But you are correct in thinking that all the mormons do it; but, better them then the non-tax paying illegal immigrants.

Mormon's aren't excused from abusing the system becuase they do it 'legally.' It's the exact same mentality.
What's worse, your average illegal immigrant doesn't have the ability to take out tens of thousands of dollars in loans and isn't going to pull down $150k in 4 years.

Mormon's aren't excused from abusing the system becuase they do it 'legally.' It's the exact same mentality.
What's worse, your average illegal immigrant doesn't have the ability to take out tens of thousands of dollars in loans and isn't going to pull down $150k in 4 years.

I will let the peanut gallery respond to this one.

I'm not trying to pick a fight with Mormons, but seriously, people who abuse these Federal and State programs are pathetic, and it's a well known fact that across the medical / dental school scene, the Mormon population takes the cake.
Everyone knows it, but no one has the stones to say it (or they don't care).

I'm not trying to pick a fight with Mormons, but seriously, people who abuse these Federal and State programs are pathetic, and it's a well known fact that across the medical / dental school scene, the Mormon population takes the cake.

This is probably one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen on SDN.

Congrats on hijacking the thread with this nonsense.

:thumbdown:

This is probably one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen on SDN.

Congrats on hijacking the thread with this nonsense.

:thumbdown:

I'm sorry, but perpetuating the notion that med students being on State and Federal assistance programs is a normal thing really hits a nerve.

I'm sorry, but perpetuating the notion that med students being on State and Federal assistance programs is a normal thing really hits a nerve.

Tell me then... who are these programs designed for? Lifetime welfare recipients? I'm sure that's why they designed the system. :idea:

If you qualify, and don't lie on your applications... I don't see how it can be an abuse of the system. Obviously the government thinks it is ok or they would close the doors to students.

Tell me then... who are these programs designed for? Lifetime welfare recipients? I'm sure that's why they designed the system. :idea:

If you qualify, and don't lie on your applications... I don't see how it can be an abuse of the system. Obviously the government thinks it is ok or they would close the doors to students.

Wow, that's a great rationale:everyone else is abusing the system, so why can't I?

Don't get me wrong--anyone 'earning' what us students 'earn' could easily request medicaid, WIC, food stamps…free Thanksgiving turkeys…Toys for Tots... The question is: should you? Can you look yourself in the mirror and honestly say you're in the same boat as the 22-yr old mother of 3 , working at McDonalds, whose husband left to sell meth down in Missouri?

I’m not saying there isn’t abuse of the system…there is…ridiculous abuse--it's disgusting and makes me irritated just to think about it. But you’re not helping the situation; you’re simply using the system because you CAN, not because you have NO OTHER OPTIONS.

If you can't tell the difference, you're either kidding yourself to justify how cheap you are, or you have a warped sense of entitlement.

You’re making everyone pay for your subsistence because you’ll take yours any way you can get it, while others in your same situation simply take out loans because they have the ability to do so, not to mention the expected income potential.

Ok there HomeBoy... Here is my problem with your post.

First, I can't believe that you called out Mormons. It is a married student thing. Not a Mormon thing. As our Catholic friend above can tell you.

Second, you have no idea what situation others are in financially. Who do you think you are that you can tell others how to live their life?

If you are married with kids and don't feel like you don't need assistance... that's great. Some people do. I don't think everyone needs to run out and get all the government money they can... If they need it. They need it. It's a personal decision.

Be careful when lumping people into categories. It's always a bad idea.

Take it easy.

Wow, that's a great rationale:everyone else is abusing the system, so why can't I?

Don't get me wrong--anyone 'earning' what us students 'earn' could easily request medicaid, WIC, food stamps…free Thanksgiving turkeys…Toys for Tots... The question is: should you? Can you look yourself in the mirror and honestly say you're in the same boat as the 22-yr old mother of 3 , working at McDonalds, whose husband left to sell meth down in Missouri?

I’m not saying there isn’t abuse of the system…there is…ridiculous abuse--it's disgusting and makes me irritated just to think about it. But you’re not helping the situation; you’re simply using the system because you CAN, not because you have NO OTHER OPTIONS.

If you can't tell the difference, you're either kidding yourself to justify how cheap you are, or you have a warped sense of entitlement.

You’re making everyone pay for your subsistence because you’ll take yours any way you can get it, while others in your same situation simply take out loans because they have the ability to do so, not to mention the expected income potential.

Let me preface by saying that I'm not married and don't have a family to support, I'm not on any form of Medicaid and I'm not Mormon (since for whatever reason that seems to matter to a few of the previous posters).

I think what you need to do is figure out what your definition of 'abusing the system is'. I completely agree with you that there is more than a fair share of abuse of the Medicaid system, I don't refute that for a second. I think that where we disagree is that you think that people who have a family, are in medical school and use Medicaid abuse the system, while I don't see it that way. I think that we can agree that the budget would be considerably higher when someone tacks one or more kids on to their budget. When you look at possible loans, we're basically offered around $52,000/year in Staffords with the option of Grad Plus Loans. I'm not familiar with the amount you can get from a Grad Plus Loan, but it probably isn't enough to cover the budget if you have a family. Thus, you have to look for other money to cover these added expenses. Keep in mind that if the person's wife/husband went to work while the husband/wife went to school, the amount of money it would cost for Day Care would likely offset (or come close) the salary that the wife/husband was earning. Hence, where Medicaid comes in.

The only argument I can think of after looking at the above paragraph is: people shouldn't have kids while in medical school, since the earning power of the couple is likely to be low during this time. I think you could agree that you can't 'ban' people from having children, that would simply be asinine. If that becomes your response, which I think you're more intelligent to agree to such a ban, you can count on me not only having a solid laugh tomorrow, but also not responding to such foolishness.

Dear Homeboy,
You are a tool. Stupid ass statements like this make you sound even more stupid that you probably already are. You have a bone to pick with a Mormon or any other religion for that matter, you know where to find me. Get a life bigot.

Sincerly,
jbone

ps-let's talk about more important things...you know, the POINT OF THE THREAD...troll.

My guess would be he's mormon...they all do it, which is a joke.

BTW, where is your evidence?? Any other "definitives" you want to drop on a particular group of people??? Blacks? Jews? Muslims? Whites? Catholics? Hispanics?:rolleyes: BTW, why the hell are you posting here anyway? A big fourth year like yourself should be getting ready for your residency. Contribute something positive to this thread. Thank you.

Why dont we all just take one fo these
chill-pill.jpg

For the record Toohot is married, baptist, and has alot of loans

You are a tool. Stupid ass statements like this make you sound even more stupid that you probably already are. You have a bone to pick with a Mormon or any other religion for that matter, you know where to find me. Get a life bigot.
BTW, where is your evidence?? Any other "definitives" you want to drop on a particular group of people??? Blacks? Jews? Muslims? Whites? Catholics? Hispanics?:rolleyes: BTW, why the hell are you posting here anyway? A big fourth year like yourself should be getting ready for your big residency spot in central Alaska. Contribute something positive to this thread otherwise do us all a favor and STFU. Thank you.

This coming from the guy whose avatar is a cat taking another cat from behind...nice.

And what a well-mannered thoughtful response...'stupid'...'bigot'...yikes, does Joseph Smith know you're using such coarse language? Settle.

Ok, I don't have a bone to pick with Mormons, that's just my personal experience through 4 yrs of school and talking to students from other schools across the country.

It's simply a deduction from my experience: most Mormons are married, those that are generally have kids, and generally speaking, the wives never work, so there's no 2nd income, leaving them more inclined to use Federal programs.

You don't believe me, fine, that's great...no need to flip out and start name calling...that's a little harsh.

(BTW--4th year is great...especially after boards are over with and your interviews are all scheduled. You have plenty of time to waste posting your thoughts on SDN.)

My point was merely to lament the fact that I have to pay for other students in my class because they would rather rely on government programs than suck it up like the rest of us. I don't care how many kids you have, or what your religion is, or how many wives you have for that matter: you're in MEDICAL SCHOOL...you KNOW it's expensive...but you've going to make bank in about 8 yrs and have resident insurance in 4: taking out loans like the rest of us isn't going to kill you.

This coming from the guy whose avatar is a cat taking another cat from behind...nice.

And what a well-mannered thoughtful response...'stupid'...'bigot'...yikes, does Joseph Smith know you're using such coarse language? Settle.

Ok, I don't have a bone to pick with Mormons, that's just my personal experience through 4 yrs of school and talking to students from other schools across the country.

It's simply a deduction from my experience: most Mormons are married, those that are generally have kids, and generally speaking, the wives never work, so there's no 2nd income, leaving them more inclined to use Federal programs.

You don't believe me, fine, that's great...no need to flip out and start name calling...that's a little harsh.

(BTW--4th year is great...especially after boards are over with and your interviews are all scheduled. You have plenty of time to waste posting your thoughts on SDN.)

My point was merely to lament the fact that I have to pay for other students in my class because they would rather rely on government programs than suck it up like the rest of us. I don't care how many kids you have, or what your religion is, or how many wives you have for that matter: you're in MEDICAL SCHOOL...you KNOW it's expensive...but you've going to make bank in about 8 yrs and have resident insurance in 4: taking out loans like the rest of us isn't going to kill you.

FYI, Many of them HAVE taken out other loans. NOT ALL OF them ARE USING MEDICAID. Most of them have jobs, do you? Not all of them have kids. Not all of them are even married. Not all of them have 15 wives (except for me). Hard to know when there are 13 million of them running around isn't it? But I guess we are easy to spot because we fill up the welfare office. :laugh: Quit grouping everyone into one big group and slapping on a label. You come onto a anonymous forum and make an inflammatory statement about a specific religion...what did you expect? Hope you don't do any rotations or residencies in Texas, Arizona, or California...you want to talk about abuse. That will drive you crazy if you can't handle a couple of mormons you supposedly "know" getting government assistance TO HELP THEM THROUGH MEDICAL SCHOOL :rolleyes:.
Enjoy your fourth year, and thanks for the advice. Next time our religious leaders tell us to run out and get government assistance, I'll let you know. Because after all, it is a big conspiracy. :thumbup:

Let's drop it.

Now does anyone actually want to talk about our ROTATION SITES?? What are people going to say if this meeting next week is a flop and they don't give us any new information?

When is the meeting? I thought I remembered someone saying it was Nov. 5th? I'm anxious to hear what you guys find out!

When is the meeting? I thought I remembered someone saying it was Nov. 5th? I'm anxious to hear what you guys find out!

You're right, it is on Monday. I'll make sure to post what I know on this thread then. To be honest, I'm not expecting to find out everything, but hopefully we'll get some good information then.

FYI, Many of them HAVE taken out other loans. NOT ALL OF them ARE USING MEDICAID. Most of them have jobs, do you? Not all of them have kids. Not all of them are even married. Not all of them have 15 wives (except for me). Hard to know when there are 13 million of them running around isn't it? But I guess we are easy to spot because we fill up the welfare office. :laugh: Quit grouping everyone into one big group and slapping on a label. You come onto a anonymous forum and make an inflammatory statement about a specific religion...what did you expect? Hope you don't do any rotations or residencies in Texas, Arizona, or California...you want to talk about abuse. That will drive you crazy if you can't handle a couple of mormons you supposedly "know" getting government assistance TO HELP THEM THROUGH MEDICAL SCHOOL :rolleyes:.
Enjoy your fourth year, and thanks for the advice. Next time our religious leaders tell us to run out and get government assistance, I'll let you know. Because after all, it is a big conspiracy. :thumbup:

Let's drop it.

Now does anyone actually want to talk about our ROTATION SITES?? What are people going to say if this meeting next week is a flop and they don't give us any new information?

I'm not expecting to hear much, and that is going to make me even more frustrated. I'm planning for the worst and hoping for the best I suppose.

Is the meeting only for second years? Or can some firsties drop in?

Is it in the SEC or one of the LH's?

I would say that it's probably pointless for 1st years to drop in, considering they continually tell us 2nd years that even our 3rd year isn't in stone (and won't be for some time). Thus, I can't imagine your guys' 3rd year is even written in sand.

As others have already said, I'm assuming we'll get the run around at this meeting, but there's still that small part of me that's wishing for the very best.

On a side note, how about those 5 Respiratory lectures we still have left for our Wednesday exam??!!

Is it in the SEC or one of the LH's?

It's in one of the LHs, aka it's going to be a packet house as mentioned above. I think it would be a good idea to sit it out because 1) Things will change for you next year and 2) There are going to be some angry second years if they have to sit on the floor because a few first years decided to stop by.

I'm not trying to tell you what to do or be rude, I just think it would be a waste of time if you went.

I know you want to drop it, but I'm finding this "fact"/ "opinion" quite interesting. I don't want to weigh what I think right now without further information, but I would absolutly LOVE to hear from someone who IS Morman, and IS taking assistance from the government, and wouldn't mind explaining their rationale. Thanks

I know you want to drop it, but I'm finding this "fact"/ "opinion" quite interesting. I don't want to weigh what I think right now without further information, but I would absolutly LOVE to hear from someone who IS Morman, and IS taking assistance from the government, and wouldn't mind explaining their rationale. Thanks

Quick Preface: I'm not Mormon, don't receive any sort of governmental aid.

That being said, I think you have every right to have this question answered, but I personally think you should omit the part where it has to be from someone who is Mormon. If you truly want to understand the rationale behind someone receiving government aid in this particular situation, then it shouldn't matter whatsoever if they're Mormon, Catholic, Hindu, Atheist...

Numerous people are upset by a certain poster's comments, because he attacked Mormons, not med students who choose to receive government aid. I can assure you that it's not just Mormons who partake in this, nor do ALL Mormons do it. Those were blanket statements made by someone else with very little forethought.

For the record, I don't have a problem with it. This is a result of how I interpret the purpose of the various welfare programs. I'd love to explain my reasoning, but a Respiratory Exam is at my heels.

interpret the purpose of the various welfare programs

Quick Preface: I'm not Mormon, don't receive any sort of governmental aid.

Numerous people are upset by a certain poster's comments, because he attacked Mormons, not med students who choose to receive government aid. I can assure you that it's not just Mormons who partake in this, nor do ALL Mormons do it. Those were blanket statements made by someone else with very little forethought.

For the record, I don't have a problem with it. This is a result of how I interpret the purpose of the various welfare programs. I'd love to explain my reasoning, but a Respiratory Exam is at my heels.

Hey chief, I wasn't "attacking" Mormons... I don't give a crap if you're Mormon, Catholic, Hindu, Scientologist, whatever...it's wrong unless you're in a real bad situation, and again...from my experience, it happened to be the Mormons I noticed who used it the most. You disagree? Fine…stop turning this into a hate crime.

“the purpose of the various welfare programs”, as they were INITIALLY intended by Johnson in the 60s, was for poor, low income families, single mothers, elderly, etc… NOT soon-to-be physicians who will make over $100,000 in a few years and will most likely be offered health insurance from their residency.

This is not JUST an issue about Medicaid: students take foodstamps and WIC too.

Because YOU made the choice to enter medical school (you ELECTED to be put in this situation) and bring your family along, does that justify using State and Federal dollars (ie. YOUR classmates’ dollars) for health insurance, food, child care, etc… when your classmates who are just a financially strapped simply take out the loans? Go to the fin aid dept, go to a bank, go to Guido in Chicago, I don't care--why whould I pay for your healthcare because you willingly chose this route?

It comes down to your philosophy: is the Government there as an option because you don’t want to incur the debt and you'd rather others shoulder the burden? Or is it there for people with NO WHERE ELSE TO TURN?

:sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep:

seriously, you need to get a life/job/women/lube/hooker whatever and get over it. Start your own thread about the subject and STOP CHANGING THE TOPIC.
(BTW, your not paying for a damn thing, you don't know people's situations, and you DON'T make the decision whether or not someone gets/needs assistance. Now drop it and go play somewhere else)

I can't wait for my fourth year, so I can sit on my ass and do nothing but SDN.

I'm going to Casper, WYO.