DMU core rotation sites

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey jBone, thats cool your going to Wy, I thought it was pretty when we drove threw there. What is the over all plan for you second years? Did they create new spots, what percentage is moving out of state? what locations are no longer avaliable?

Members don't see this ad.

40 students to 11 CORE sites in Ohio. 5 or 6 students to both Des Peres, Missouri and Casper Wyoming. The rest will be in Iowa.

What are the sites in IA? Are they mostly in Des Moines?

Members don't see this ad :)
What are the sites in IA? Are they mostly in Des Moines?

We were not told the exact sites in Iowa, but they will be in various locations. They stated that the ultimate goal is for everyone to be able to make it home at night after a shift. Inevitably, this will be impossible, but it will work out for some 90% of the time.

The best thing I learned from the meeting is that 3rd year will begin on August 3rd and end on July 10th for EVERYONE. Previous years routinely did not begin 3rd year until September, which is a major disadvantage in my opinion.

Now we'll have more than enough time to schedule our primary audition rotations at the beginning of the interview season between July and November.

:sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep:

seriously, you need to get a life/job/women/lube/hooker whatever and get over it. Start your own thread about the subject and STOP CHANGING THE TOPIC.
(BTW, your not paying for a damn thing, you don't know people's situations, and you DON'T make the decision whether or not someone gets/needs assistance. Now drop it and go play somewhere else)

I can't wait for my fourth year, so I can sit on my ass and do nothing but SDN.

I'm going to Casper, WYO.

Maybe if you post a few more smileys it will make your point a little more emphatic.

Hey jBone, thats cool your going to Wy, I thought it was pretty when we drove threw there. What is the over all plan for you second years? Did they create new spots, what percentage is moving out of state? what locations are no longer avaliable?

No, I was just kidding. It is an option though.

They said mostly Iowa, some Ohio, and a couple to missouri and WY? If they didnt tell you the Iowa sites or how many will go where then it sounds like they just jerked you off for an hour. Am I missing anything?

They said mostly Iowa, some Ohio, and a couple to missouri and WY? If they didnt tell you the Iowa sites or how many will go where then it sounds like they just jerked you off for an hour. Am I missing anything?

They told us when 3rd year begins and ends and when we have to finish 4th year by for graduation. It looks like they made changes in what rotations we have to do (seems like a little more flexibility; i.e. You have do an IM or Surgical Subspecialty for one, you can do Rads/Path/Anes for another, there's a primary care one which you can do ER/Peds/IM/FM). Plus, there's still the two electives which can be done anywhere in the country. I think it's a little more appealing for those who aren't strictly interested in IM/FM/Peds,etc. For some reason, I though there was more primary care that was required the past couple of years, I could be wrong though.

The specific programs will be entered into a database available to us on Monday. We have 2 weeks to browse the goods and then decide. We'll find out what state on Nov. 30th.

Thanks for the info!

Good luck! I hope you all get to go where you want.

They told us when 3rd year begins and ends and when we have to finish 4th year by for graduation. It looks like they made changes in what rotations we have to do (seems like a little more flexibility; i.e. You have do an IM or Surgical Subspecialty for one, you can do Rads/Path/Anes for another, there's a primary care one which you can do ER/Peds/IM/FM). Plus, there's still the two electives which can be done anywhere in the country. I think it's a little more appealing for those who aren't strictly interested in IM/FM/Peds,etc. For some reason, I though there was more primary care that was required the past couple of years, I could be wrong though.

Yeah, this was definitely the other major positive for me as well. Only 8 weeks of actual required "Family Medicine" in Year 3 and 4 required weeks in Year 4. Plus, we maintain our 36 weeks of electives 4th year, which is a fantastic thing.

Toohotinvegas - I would personally have to agree with you to an extent. I definitely sensed a bit of "here's what's in my left hand, now don't look at my right". I'm certain others on here will disagree with me, but that was just the perception I walked away with. To be fair, I did gain a large bit of information from the meeting, but there was still a lot left to be answered. It's frightening to think how coveted certain spots will be from now on.

Yeah, this was definitely the other major positive for me as well. Only 8 weeks of actual required "Family Medicine" in Year 3 and 4 required weeks in Year 4. Plus, we maintain our 36 weeks of electives 4th year, which is a fantastic thing.

Toohotinvegas - I would personally have to agree with you to an extent. I definitely sensed a bit of "here's what's in my left hand, now don't look at my right". I'm certain others on here will disagree with me, but that was just the perception I walked away with. To be fair, I did gain a large bit of information form the meeting, but there was still a lot left to be answered. It's frightening to think how coveted certain spots will be from now on.

I can definitely agree with that. Not knowing what Iowa sites were available is a major problem, so we'll see how that goes. I wonder if that will end up making Ohio/Wyoming/Missouri more popular. I guess we'll have to see on that. Having said that, I basically figured that we would find out almost nothing today, so I was pretty happy with the meeting overall. Again, I really like that they increased the flexibility in the schedule so those that are interested in primary care can veer more towards that route, while those who aren't can do something different. I will definitely give them props on that.

Dont you guys get the iowa site list tomorrow?

Members don't see this ad :)
I took a peak at whats avaliable, but could you give a list of the Iowa hospitals.

Just wanted to bump this for any more info about the new rotation sites.

I'm about to jack a 2nd years laptop to get some info.

I'm about to jack a 2nd years laptop to get some info.

Pass any info along you find out please.

Also, I was talking to a former DMU grad who said that U of Iowa will not let you do elective rotations. Is that true?

Pass any info along you find out please.

Also, I was talking to a former DMU grad who said that U of Iowa will not let you do elective rotations. Is that true?

The only hospital we cant rotate at for 4th year electives is "the" U of I hospital in Iowa city, all others are good. That one particular hospital does not accept anyone from non-LCME schools (but you can get accepted for residency there). On the contrary, Their other affliate hospitals accept us.

The only hospital we cant rotate at for 4th year electives is "the" U of I hospital in Iowa city, all others are good. That one particular hospital does not accept anyone from non-LCME schools (but you can get accepted for residency there). On the contrary, Their other affliate hospitals accept us.

I'm not sure how much good it would do for a list since more constantly open, while others will close. I can say that there are a bunch in Des Moines, but not nearly enough to let everyone (or even probably half of the class) stay there the whole time. There are also a few in Mason City and Sioux City, but those are really the only ones that have enough where you may be able to spend your entire 3rd year there. Other than that, they're pretty scattered, with some in Minnesota and Michigan as well.

I understand you're anxious to see what's going on, but the fact of the matter is that things will change for you guys, so it's really not worth wasting too much energy on it. Focus on doing well this year and then worry about rotations next year. Good luck and have an enjoyable holiday.

FYI:
96% got their first choice for 3rd year clerkships: Iowa/Midwest, Ohio, Wyoming, or Missouri.
Students were allowed to rank up to 3.

FYI:
96% got their first choice for 3rd year clerkships: Iowa/Midwest, Ohio, Wyoming, or Missouri.
I know, when I saw that 96% got their 1st choice I couldn't believe it. That's amazingly high! (<---- like arnold in my Av )

Now if only I didn't have to start with IM and Surgery... I'm going to look like an idiot in August! Stupid Block B...

Iowa/Midwest, Ohio, Wyoming, or Missouri.

Can a current second year lend a little info? Are these all of the states allowed for 3rd year rotations? It seems that I read in the past maybe that TX or FL were other locations. I am starting this fall so I know things can change, but I was wondering if they are actually reducing options outside of the state or if they are simply adding additional in state sites without eliminating others.

As for me, moving somewhere isn't a big deal, if it was for a good site. Especially if it was warm in the winter. :)

Yea, any 2nd years able to comment on the lottery?

I'm just curious to see how the 'staying in iowa' concept is panning out. i think everyone understands the 'why' logic, but are unsure of the 'how.'

If you don't want to move to OH or MI, what are the odds you'll be in DM for 3rd year?

Yea, any 2nd years able to comment on the lottery?

I'm just curious to see how the 'staying in iowa' concept is panning out. i think everyone understands the 'why' logic, but are unsure of the 'how.'

If you don't want to move to OH or MI, what are the odds you'll be in DM for 3rd year?

As of this year there are 100 sites in Des Moines. I believe we have 163 students, right now, who are in the Iowa lottery; this also includes Minnesota and Michigan. Depending on what everyone puts down for their top choice will determine the odds you can be in DM for 3rd year; if all 163 students put DM for their number one, our odds would be about 61%. However, the last few polls we have had have shown about 120 people who are interested in DM; I say 120 because about 16 people didn't answer so I am just lumping them into DM.

Can a current second year lend a little info? Are these all of the states allowed for 3rd year rotations? It seems that I read in the past maybe that TX or FL were other locations. I am starting this fall so I know things can change, but I was wondering if they are actually reducing options outside of the state or if they are simply adding additional in state sites without eliminating others.

As for me, moving somewhere isn't a big deal, if it was for a good site. Especially if it was warm in the winter. :)

No Texas or Florida for third year rotations. They mentioned Texas as a possibility for, I believe, a GYN rotation; don't hold me to that. About 40 people ended up in OH, about 8 in Wyoming and the rest in the Iowa/Midwest.

No Texas or Florida for third year rotations. They mentioned Texas as a possibility for, I believe, a GYN rotation; don't hold me to that. About 40 people ended up in OH, about 8 in Wyoming and the rest in the Iowa/Midwest.

OK, warm is out. Could you give a little more insight into which midwest states are included in the "midwest" group?

Thanks.

OK, warm is out. Could you give a little more insight into which midwest states are included in the "midwest" group?

Thanks.

Since this is the first year they are doing this, things may change but as of now:

Iowa, Michigan and Minnesota are part of the Midwest group. Iowa has the most sites (100 in Des Moines alone).

any talk about the 2011's in terms of still being able to do MI, MN, etc, (non IA core sites)? or is the "all in Iowa" thing down a pipe a little further...

I believe Mankato in MN is a site and some in Mich should stick around as well.

As of this year there are 100 sites in Des Moines. I believe we have 163 students, right now, who are in the Iowa lottery; this also includes Minnesota and Michigan. Depending on what everyone puts down for their top choice will determine the odds you can be in DM for 3rd year; if all 163 students put DM for their number one, our odds would be about 61%. However, the last few polls we have had have shown about 120 people who are interested in DM; I say 120 because about 16 people didn't answer so I am just lumping them into DM.

Just as update:

we had 110 spots in Des Moines
163 people in the Iowa/Midwest lottery
144 got their first choice
19 got their second choice
No one got below their second choice.

Just as update:

we had 110 spots in Des Moines
163 people in the Iowa/Midwest lottery
144 got their first choice
19 got their second choice
No one got below their second choice.

Jamers, are you going to Michigan? We may meet after all.....:hardy:

Jamers, are you going to Michigan? We may meet after all.....:hardy:

I understand you have always wanted to make out but, I have to break your heart again. The wife has a job in Des Moines so I am staying here for a year. After that its East Coast ahoy!

I understand you have always wanted to make out but, I have to break your heart again. The wife has a job in Des Moines so I am staying here for a year. After that its East Coast ahoy!

That was only until your post about the Patriots losing the SB.
I decided it was time to let go & move on after that.... :p

Wife, huh? When did that happen??

That was only until your post about the Patriots losing the SB.
I decided it was time to let go & move on after that.... :p

Wife, huh? When did that happen??

I am sorry but the NE Patriots are pure evil. I am not even sure Bellicheat is allowed in a church without some bibles lighting on fire.

I've been datin' her for 7 years but we were engaged over the summer. After seven years I am allowed to call her wife.

I am sorry but the NE Patriots are pure evil. I am not even sure Bellicheat is allowed in a church without some bibles lighting on fire.

Pure evil? Even if they were cheaters they wouldn't be pure evil. That's pretty harsh :laugh:

This whole season was proof they aren't cheaters. They couldn't have done all they did this season and be cheaters. In fact, they couldn't have done all they've done in the last 7 seasons and be cheaters, but everyone wants to hate them because they beat the teams that everyone else roots for, and Belicheck doesn't smile enough for them.

Even if I wasn't a Patriots fan, I still would have wanted them to win the SB, to get to see history made. I think real football fans should have wanted to see that happen. A perfect season, I mean. It may never happen in our lifetime.

Pure evil? Even if they were cheaters they wouldn't be pure evil. That's pretty harsh :laugh:

This whole season was proof they aren't cheaters. They couldn't have done all they did this season and be cheaters. In fact, they couldn't have done all they've done in the last 7 seasons and be cheaters, but everyone wants to hate them because they beat the teams that everyone else roots for, and Belicheck doesn't smile enough for them.

Even if I wasn't a Patriots fan, I still would have wanted them to win the SB, to get to see history made. I think real football fans should have wanted to see that happen. A perfect season, I mean. It may never happen in our lifetime.

But, they did cheat and that ruins it for me. Just like I don't care to have seen Bonds steal the home run record, I didn't care to see them cheat their way into history. The thing is, they have been doing it since his first year there (he admitted to that) so who is to say they haven't saved up signals for 7 years? I just found it funny that he all of a sudden got good in NE when he sucked donkey dong with the Browns.

The thing is, they have been doing it since his first year there (he admitted to that) so who is to say they haven't saved up signals for 7 years? I just found it funny that he all of a sudden got good in NE when he sucked donkey dong with the Browns.

Okay, but teams change their signals every year, even during the year sometimes, so saving them up wouldn't do diddley squat.

I suddenly got good at physiology when I sucked at it first semester. Did I find some elaborate way to cheat, or could it be that I just figured out what I was doing wrong & fixed it?!

A real football fan doesn't care much about history...Maybe individual records (i.e. rushing record, td passing record), but not team records. Unless, of course, it's your team. Was it cool seeing Brady and Moss getting the td records this year, yes. I did not want to see a perfect record, unless it was from the bears. 18-1=good team. Nothing more, nothing less.

Okay, but teams change their signals every year, even during the year sometimes, so saving them up wouldn't do diddley squat.

I suddenly got good at physiology when I sucked at it first semester. Did I find some elaborate way to cheat, or could it be that I just figured out what I was doing wrong & fixed it?!

haha but you are forgetting they were doing it EVERY year (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3244687). So you can change your signals left and right, it won't matter. The Jets coach was quoted as saying he would have two different sets one for the Pats and one for everyone else. The Eagles said it was funny how they seemed to know their defensive scheme before the snap of the ball. Secondly, I think if you had the advantage of being able to tape the test makers as they wrote the test you would rock in phyisology. In fact, I think you would go from a 36-44 to 91-37...

More importantly, as Americans we need to stop putting cheaters on pedestals and saying everything is alright because they are making history. We are sending the wrong message to our children by supporting cheaters and making excuses for them. I care more about the integrity of the sport, which took a huge hit after Bellicheat. We are telling our children that it is wrong to cheat in school but then they see these heroes (Bonds, Bellicheat, ect.) who not only cheated but made millions doing it. Yes, maybe Bonds will get his in the end but, I really doubt it. I am also sick of hearing the argument, "everyone does it! every sport cheats!!!" Just as this excuse didn't work in elementary school, it doesn't work now. If my team was caught cheating, I would react the same way.

A real football fan doesn't care much about history...Maybe individual records (i.e. rushing record, td passing record), but not team records. Unless, of course, it's your team. Was it cool seeing Brady and Moss getting the td records this year, yes. I did not want to see a perfect record, unless it was from the bears. 18-1=good team. Nothing more, nothing less.

I don't know about that. Wasn't it said that a real baseball fan had to root for the Red Sox in the 2004 World Series, just because it had been so long since they'd won? Wouldn't it be that most of the country would root for the Cubs when they finally get there? Even if something happened during the season that was questionable?? I think so. I think fans of a sport want to see greatness in the sport.

There is no way people could be stupid enough to believe that the Patriots cheated their way through this entire season, and the Super Bowl. That's just ridiculous, with the scrutiny they were under.

Barry Bonds got most of those home runs cheating, so getting the record is tainted. You can't say the Patriots cheated their way to 18 wins THIS SEASON. No matter what you say about past seasons.

(And if you talk to football experts, they do not say that the Patriots were "caught cheating". You have to understand more about the videotaping rules and the fact that MANY NFL teams do exactly what the Patriots did.)
You're better off being neutral and finding out the facts, before being emotionally reactive and claiming "CHEATERS" before you know all the facts.

I don't know about that. Wasn't it said that a real baseball fan had to root for the Red Sox in the 2004 World Series, just because it had been so long since they'd won? Wouldn't it be that most of the country would root for the Cubs when they finally get there? Even if something happened during the season that was questionable?? I think so. I think fans of a sport want to see greatness in the sport.

There is no way people could be stupid enough to believe that the Patriots cheated their way through this entire season, and the Super Bowl. That's just ridiculous, with the scrutiny they were under.

Barry Bonds got most of those home runs cheating, so getting the record is tainted. You can't say the Patriots cheated their way to 18 wins THIS SEASON. No matter what you say about past seasons.

(And if you talk to football experts, they do not say that the Patriots were "caught cheating". You have to understand more about the videotaping rules and the fact that MANY NFL teams do exactly what the Patriots did.)
You're better off being neutral and finding out the facts, before being emotionally reactive and claiming "CHEATERS" before you know all the facts.

Oh lord...I never approach an argument without first seeing it from the other side. I think you may need to take your own advice, however. You are making excuses for a team simply because you like them. I am sorry but, that is wrong. I have nothing against seeing a team break into history; I rooted for the breaking of Marris's home run mark before I found out it was through steroids. I watched the Tour de France every night while in Sydney simply because I wanted to see history. I watched the Bulls go 72-10 and make history. The honest truth? I hate baseball, basketball and I couldn't care less about riding a bike. To find out any of these history making events were founded in unfair ways would result in me reacting the same way no matter what. For all you know I could be a Patriots fan...

In addition, the "experts" you claim are actually torn. The article I gave you was from an "expert." If you look hard enough on ESPN (like the front page for the last three weeks or so) you will see many "experts" questioning the Patriots. I put that term in quotes because I can't honestly see how watching 24 hours of sports a day makes you an expert. Further more, these experts have personal biases and rarely, if ever, agree; hell, its no secret that John Madden has a man crush on Farve. Finally, please never use the argument "other teams do it too!' ever again. Every time I hear that, I just want to go kick a puppy. If I get arrested for killing someone and tell the judge, "hey, other people did it too!!" I hope he/she gives me the chair. Wrong is...WRONG; I don't care if your grandmother does it. If the rest of the teams are caught doing it, PUNISH THEM TOO! Anyways, as this argument has absolutely nothing to do with the intention of this thread I will do everyone a favor and end it here. I have never convinced a Patriot fan their team cheated and I have never been swayed to believe they haven't. To this end, let me say, you have your opinions and I have mine.

Haha...I couldn't resist getting involved, since I'm a big sports fan as well. In regards to the first bold item - absolute, unequivocally...NO. I consider myself to very much be a "real baseball fan" and I could not disagree more with this idea that you have to root for other teams just because they're making history. A "real fan", of any sport, is one that sticks with his/her team through thick and thin, could recite you the line-up, knows yesterday's score, and genuinely morose after his/her team loses.

Being a real fan has absolutely nothing to do with other teams. Can you respect, admire, and even awe over another team or player's accomplishments...sure, but you definitely have no obligation to cheer them on. It will be a cold day in Hell before I cheer the Cubs on. God forbid they ever do make it to the WS, there will be more fair weather fans coming out of the woodwork than one could even imagine.

In regards the last other highlighted statement from above, who? Unless you can provide some sort of evidence, I'm tempted to accuse you of making an outright false statement. No other team in the NFL has been caught/accused of doing what the Pats have apparently done for some time now.

Haha...I couldn't resist getting involved, since I'm a big sports fan as well. In regards to the first bold item - absolute, unequivocally...NO. I consider myself to very much be a "real baseball fan" and I could not disagree more with this idea that you have to root for other teams just because they're making history. A "real fan", of any sport, is one that sticks with his/her team through thick and thin, could recite you the line-up, knows yesterday's score, and genuinely morose after his/her team loses.

Being a real fan has absolutely nothing to do with other teams. Can you respect, admire, and even awe over another team or player's accomplishments...sure, but you definitely have no obligation to cheer them on. It will be a cold day in Hell before I cheer the Cubs on. God forbid they ever do make it to the WS, there will be more fair weather fans coming out of the woodwork than one could even imagine.

In regards the last other highlighted statement from above, who? Unless you can provide some sort of evidence, I'm tempted to accuse you of making an outright false statement. No other team in the NFL has been caught/accused of doing what the Pats have apparently done for some time now.

You do need the evidence. Show me the money

Being a real fan has absolutely nothing to do with other teams.

Okay, so, firstly, I tend to separate the meaning of "baseball fan" from say, "Cardinals fan" or "Red Sox fan". I think a person can be one or the other, or both. I think a die-hard fan of team X will do what you describe. I think there are people out there that are simply fans of THE GAME, and aren't particularly invested in one team or another. I think there are some that are able to be both. I am a Red Sox fan, but not much of a baseball fan. I am a Patriots fan, and a football fan.

If you read the articles carefully, what the Patriots were doing was taping from the sideline. They were told to stop, and they didn't. Other teams have also taped from the sideline. They were told to stop, and they did. That is what happened, if you read the FACTS. This is not 'cheating' per se, but it is against the rules (I know someone will jump all over that one). What I mean is, it did not give them unfair advantage during the game they were taping, but is for later study and use. Every team does this. This has been discussed ad nauseum on stations like ESPN and NFL network by just about everyone.

Oh lord...I never approach an argument without first seeing it from the other side. I think you may need to take your own advice, however. You are making excuses for a team simply because you like them.

Finally, please never use the argument "other teams do it too!' ever again. Every time I hear that, I just want to go kick a puppy. If I get arrested for killing someone and tell the judge, "hey, other people did it too!!" I hope he/she gives me the chair. Wrong is...WRONG; I don't care if your grandmother does it. If the rest of the teams are caught doing it, PUNISH THEM TOO! Anyways, as this argument has absolutely nothing to do with the intention of this thread I will do everyone a favor and end it here. I have never convinced a Patriot fan their team cheated and I have never been swayed to believe they haven't. To this end, let me say, you have your opinions and I have mine.

Okay, but you are missing my point. You never heard me say what they did was OK or right. Did you? I never made an excuse. People are very quick to judge and jump on the "cheater" label without considering what happened. What I am saying is: Every team videotapes other teams. They all do it. The Patriots did it from the sidelines, and were told to stop. If you listen to the ESPN people, et al, they say flat out that other teams do this too, but the Patriots got caught at it. That is what THEY say - not what I say. I'm telling you what they've been reporting. I'm not excusing the Patriots. They SHOULD have stopped when they were told to stop. Other teams were either told to stop and did stop, or haven't been caught (yet). It does bug me that Belicheck didn't do what the league asked him to do, because he didn't need to keep doing it, and it was probably arrogant on his part, but I don't know - I'm not him & I don't know why he kept doing it. Goodell said it is because he has a disagreement about the interpretation of the rules, and Goodell knows this. All I am saying is that is not WHY they win! They win because they are BETTER. People love to jump on this "they could only be winning because they cheat" bandwagon.

I didn't say it makes it right. I said simply, it didn't give them an advantage during the games they played (it's used for later game planning), and it sure as heck didn't get them to win 18 games this season while they were under a microscope.

But I agree - this was not an argument I meant to start. People want to say the Patriots are cheaters because they can't believe they are that good and they don't like Bill Belicheck. I sure as heck will never convince them of my point.

Okay, so, firstly, I tend to separate the meaning of "baseball fan" from say, "Cardinals fan" or "Red Sox fan". I think a person can be one or the other, or both. I think a die-hard fan of team X will do what you describe. I think there are people out there that are simply fans of THE GAME, and aren't particularly invested in one team or another. I think there are some that are able to be both. I am a Red Sox fan, but not much of a baseball fan. I am a Patriots fan, and a football fan.

I think we'll just always disagree on this view of what a "true fan" is. I won't try and convince you to think like me, but what I described previously is what I consider a "true fan" of any sport. If you don't have a team, then you're simply a fan who enjoys watching home runs, touchdowns, great play, big time hits, etc. You enjoy the sport like a large percentage of the population. I'm definitely not a "true tennis fan", but I certainly enjoy watching a match here and there. I'm sorry to have to differentiate like this, but there are too many fair weather fans out there that come out of the woodwork the second xyz team goes on a big run or begins to do something historical. That sort of crap annoys me to no end>

If you read the articles carefully, what the Patriots were doing was taping from the sideline. They were told to stop, and they didn't. Other teams have also taped from the sideline. They were told to stop, and they did. That is what happened, if you read the FACTS. This is not 'cheating' per se, but it is against the rules (I know someone will jump all over that one). What I mean is, it did not give them unfair advantage during the game they were taping, but is for later study and use. Every team does this. This has been discussed ad nauseum on stations like ESPN and NFL network by just about everyone.

You should really read through this again...I think you went into the wrong profession, because you're talking just like a lawyer.

I think we'll just always disagree on this view of what a "true fan" is. I won't try and convince you to think like me, but what I described previously is what I consider a "true fan" of any sport. If you don't have a team, then you're simply a fan who enjoys watching home runs, touchdowns, great play, big time hits, etc. You enjoy the sport like a large percentage of the population. I'm definitely not a "true tennis fan", but I certainly enjoy watching a match here and there. I'm sorry to have to differentiate like this, but there are too many fair weather fans out there that come out of the woodwork the second xyz team goes on a big run or begins to do something historical. That sort of crap annoys me to no end>

You should really read through this again...I think you went into the wrong profession, because you're talking just like a lawyer.

:laugh: