Dmu Interview!!!!!! *Merged Edition*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Read comment above. This is what I heard.

As for the aformentioned simSex, I think you will have to pay extra for that.

Okay - yeah - I didn't understand what you meant exactly by "the project". Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

But the MOST important question I have is - How far is the nearest Starbucks?:D

Members don't see this ad :)
GREAT! I couldn't face 4 years w/o my Starbucks hot chocolate!! :D

I think they've discontinued it, but were you ever a fan of Starbucks' Chantico? Similar to hot chocolate, but more like a melted chocolate bar and packes a lot more artery clogging punch :p

I think they've discontinued it, but were you ever a fan of Starbucks' Chantico? Similar to hot chocolate, but more like a melted chocolate bar and packes a lot more artery clogging punch :p

Oh God - I tried it ONCE. It was like drinking pure chocolate syrup - too much for me!! :wow:

Got my DMU invite today! I am really excited, especially one of my good college friends lives there. I am lucky because I will be able to stay with her for free! Hope it goes well!!! :D

For those interviewing tomorrow, I'll see you there. Runnin the tour, should be fun!
Good luck everyone!!

For those interviewing tomorrow, I'll see you there. Runnin the tour, should be fun!
Good luck everyone!!

you might know this jbone but any idea on when the adcom will be meeting for interviewees from oct 12. when should we be expecting to hear from them. man o man am i waiting for their response. if i go there next year at the same time as halo 3 is coming out, we're going to play non-stop alright!!!!

you might know this jbone but any idea on when the adcom will be meeting for interviewees from oct 12. when should we be expecting to hear from them. man o man am i waiting for their response. if i go there next year at the same time as halo 3 is coming out, we're going to play non-stop alright!!!!

Oh yes. My kind of applicant.

Love the Halo even though I haven't had any time to really play lately.
I don't know exactly when they meet for your review but it should be really soon. Here hoping for good news for ya! PM me if you have any questions. GOOD LUCK!

I would guess Oct. 25. That seems about right.
By the way, studying for this Bio Chem final sucks!!!!!!!!!

To any interviewess from Oct 12 ( maybe 13), you might have to wait awhile to find out if you got in or not. I emailed Risa this morning to try to squeeze some info from her. She stated that the Dean was out of town last week so the adcom are still getting together to determine our status. Risa said that it will hopefully be at the end of the week before we find out. Arggghhh!! Another few days before we find out. This is driving me CRAZY!!!!!!!

I guess that is part of the problem that can sometimes happen when your dean is a practicing surgical oncologist. He is really a great guy & very friendly (you can even rotate w/ him at times during your 3/4 years). Sorry you have to wait.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got an invite for Nov. 30, but I already had an interview scheduled for that day, so I asked to move it. Does anyone know how accomadating they are with this?

I just got an invite for Nov. 30, but I already had an interview scheduled for that day, so I asked to move it. Does anyone know how accomadating they are with this?
They are very accomodating. Just do it early.

To any interviewess from Oct 12 ( maybe 13), you might have to wait awhile to find out if you got in or not. I emailed Risa this morning to try to squeeze some info from her. She stated that the Dean was out of town last week so the adcom are still getting together to determine our status. Risa said that it will hopefully be at the end of the week before we find out. Arggghhh!! Another few days before we find out. This is driving me CRAZY!!!!!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! I hope we know by tomorrow!

I have an intervew on 11/16, anyone know how many seats they have left?

At this point in the process it still should not be an issue you should be scared of...they interview i think all the way into february so you should just worry about the interview and if you do well you will get accepted, they wont deny you because of the number of seats available...if this was in jan or feb you might but not now...

This is an arbitrary question at this point as they invite and accept many more than they have seats for to compensate for the juggling among students that occurs when you have more than 1 acceptance. Don't think seats, think I have to smoke this interview and pretend they only have 1 seat left.

I got my interview moved to Dec. 8. Hopefully it won't be too late. We'll see what happens.

I doubt any school would waste its time interviewing candidates if it was "too late" and they had no intention of accepting anyone. It also seems pretty unlikely that there would be no more room in a class by December. Hang in there - and good luck to you all! :D

I got my interview moved to Dec. 8. Hopefully it won't be too late. We'll see what happens.

My interview was on December 5th, you are, by no means, "too late." My last interview was a month later at PCOM and I was still accepted there was well. You need to get this mentality out of your minds that if you don't send out the application the day you are able to that you are "too late." Anyways, that is the end of this rant :D , good luck to everyone. I will try to stop by and bug the crap out of everyone. I would also like to add, as an aside, that I urge everyone to have as much fun as they can before they start classes next year. Once you are here, the fun ship becomes shipwrecked. I don't mean go overboard and get locked up, just have a good time while you can. I am sure others can back me on this.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! I hope we know by tomorrow!

Anyone from the 10/12 interviews find out if they are accepted or not? I thought they said it would be last week we'd find out?!?

Anyone from the 10/12 interviews find out if they are accepted or not? I thought they said it would be last week we'd find out?!?

I interviewed with you rachel and i haven't heard anything yet. I'm hoping we hear something this week so I can stop agonizing if i got in or not. GRRRRRRRRRR

Rachael & whatdapho,

The Dean was still out of town at the end of last week. I believe he is back now, so you can probably expect to hear back this week. Sorry you guys happened to be unlucky...usually people hear back 10-14 days. Hang in there

Rachael & whatdapho,

The Dean was still out of town at the end of last week. I believe he is back now, so you can probably expect to hear back this week. Sorry you guys happened to be unlucky...usually people hear back 10-14 days. Hang in there

Okay thanks for the info!! I hope to hear in the earlier part of this week!!:)

Rachael07 and whatdapho,

I interviewed on 10/13. I talked to Risa last Friday. She did mention that the dean was out of town for a week. She also mentioned that we will know by Monday or Tuesday. She said she will email every one of us as soon as the dean drops all the folders on her desk. I can't wait for decisions!

Rachael07 and whatdapho,

I interviewed on 10/13. I talked to Risa last Friday. She did mention that the dean was out of town for a week. She also mentioned that we will know by Monday or Tuesday. She said she will email every one of us as soon as the dean drops all the folders on her desk. I can't wait for decisions!

Thaks Saab for the timetable. I'm just sitting here, waiting and waiting. Good luck to you and everyone else.

I just got my interview confirmation in the snail mail. I gotta say, I loved that little pad that came in it. Thought it was very cute. I know, I'm a dork. But after paying however much on the application, the least they could do is give us a pad and a pen or 2.

Woot! Interview on 11/3!

So long, Peets and Whole Foods...:(

I just got my interview confirmation in the snail mail. I gotta say, I loved that little pad that came in it. Thought it was very cute. I know, I'm a dork. But after paying however much on the application, the least they could do is give us a pad and a pen or 2.
Most of your acceptance packages send you nothing, so sending a pad is HUGE in comparison. Personally, I'd rather get a notice of a scholarship than a pad of paper.

Edit: Sorry, I didn't read that it said interview confirmation. I got the pad and a bumper sticker with the acceptance package. My interview confirmation came via email.

Most of your acceptance packages send you nothing, so sending a pad is HUGE in comparison. Personally, I'd rather get a notice of a scholarship than a pad of paper.

Hey I didn't get anything in my interview confirmation - it was just an email anyway!!?
(But SGU did send a fun flip book in their information package....)

I got a rock....

Edit: Sorry, I didn't read that it said interview confirmation. I got the pad and a bumper sticker with the acceptance package. My interview confirmation came via email.

Aww, I only got the bumper sticker. *Cries in corner.*

EDIT - Wait, no, it was a window sticker.

Hey I didn't get anything in my interview confirmation - it was just an email anyway!!?
(But SGU did send a fun flip book in their information package....)

Well, they sent me an interview at first on one date, but I was unable to make that day, so I emailed to change it to the next week. Then she replied saying I was scheduled and confirmed for Dec. 8. About a week later, I got a letter from DMU saying my interview was Dec. 8 and it came with a map of the area and the school. And the pad was inside. Maybe they were only going to send them to those who got accepted but they messed up and put one in my letter? Either way, it's really cute.

Well, they sent me an interview at first on one date, but I was unable to make that day, so I emailed to change it to the next week. Then she replied saying I was scheduled and confirmed for Dec. 8. About a week later, I got a letter from DMU saying my interview was Dec. 8 and it came with a map of the area and the school. And the pad was inside. Maybe they were only going to send them to those who got accepted but they messed up and put one in my letter? Either way, it's really cute.

Hey if you dont mind me asking, when were you complete at DMU?

Hey if you dont mind me asking, when were you complete at DMU?

I was complete Oct 3, and got an invite on Oct 24. Although now that I think about it, I would have been complete earlier, but for some reason, my school didn't send my letter from the hospital I volunteered at, so I Had to wait for my DO letter, which came in later.

Yah - with the acceptance letter I got one of those. But no pad! What's this all about?!! I want that taken off my tuition bill this fall - LOL!!!

:laugh:

I guess htey only give a pad to us special people. You know, it's like a sign that they're giving me free goodies with the interviews, that I'll be getting more goodies in the future.

Or it means sorry sucker, we're giving you an interview out of pity and hope that you'll be happy with the consolation prize of a post it pad in the shape of scrubs with a stethoscope and perscription pad on it.

After reading this thread for the last month or so, I finally get to join you guys! I took the August MCAT and just got the interview invite today for 12/1! I'm very excited to check out this school after reading so many solid reviews from applicants and current students in the past few years.

After reading this thread for the last month or so, I finally get to join you guys! I took the August MCAT and just got the interview invite today for 12/1! I'm very excited to check out this school after reading so many solid reviews from applicants and current students in the past few years.

Well congrats!! :luck: I hope you applied to Texas, too, though. I sure wish I was in state there....(maybe they would have sent me a pad....(she mumbles....))

Well congrats!! :luck: I hope you applied to Texas, too, though. I sure wish I was in state there....(maybe they would have sent me a pad....(she mumbles....))

Thanks Orthodoc. Yes I did apply everywhere in TX, including TCOM (interviewed 8/1)...I'm very lucky to live in Texas. I will find out in 2 weeks how that works out. It sure will be nice to have an acceptance into TCOM! Are you pretty much set on DMU at this point?

Hello everyone,
I was wondering if anybody here could give me some advice for my DMU interview for 11/9 (one week from today)... this is my first interview!! It was supposed to be for 12/1 but they asked if I wanted it earlier so I jumped on it! Any input would be wonderful. From what I know and have heard DMU is an amazing school and is my number one choice.
Thanks!!
:)

Anyone who interviewed on/around 10/12 hear anything yet??
I'm getting sick of compulsively checking my e-mail and then being disappointed because I haven't heard ANY news yet.

I'm getting sick of compulsively checking my e-mail and then being disappointed because I haven't heard ANY news yet.

Hey 10/12 interviewees,

I thought everyone got this email so sorry if I've been keeping everyone in the dark. I received an email from Risa on Monday and she said Dr. Reed (the Dean) was expected to be back on Wednesday of this week (Nov. 1) and that she hoped he would get the results in a few days of his return. So hopefully we'll be getting an email this Friday. Sorry to keep you guys in the dark like that. Good luck again.

Hey 10/12 interviewees,

I thought everyone got this email so sorry if I've been keeping everyone in the dark. I received an email from Risa on Monday and she said Dr. Reed (the Dean) was expected to be back on Wednesday of this week (Nov. 1) and that she hoped he would get the results in a few days of his return. So hopefully we'll be getting an email this Friday. Sorry to keep you guys in the dark like that. Good luck again.

No I got that e-mail too, I'm just getting inpatient.

Hello everyone,
I was wondering if anybody here could give me some advice for my DMU interview for 11/9 (one week from today)... this is my first interview!! It was supposed to be for 12/1 but they asked if I wanted it earlier so I jumped on it! Any input would be wonderful. From what I know and have heard DMU is an amazing school and is my number one choice.
Thanks!!
:)

Just read over the interview feedback section of SDN and be yourself basically. It was an extremely laid back and conversational interview, so it is really nothing to stress over too much, and this is coming from a person who usually is as nervous as can be in such situations.

Same here. I really thought we would have had something by last Monday. It's so depressing coming home from work and having no email. Maybe tomorrow or Monday (once again)...

One word of encouragement for you waiting on decisions...the Dean is most definitely back in town. Saw him today so hopefully tomorrow for you all....

Thanks Orthodoc. Yes I did apply everywhere in TX, including TCOM (interviewed 8/1)...I'm very lucky to live in Texas. I will find out in 2 weeks how that works out. It sure will be nice to have an acceptance into TCOM! Are you pretty much set on DMU at this point?

So far I have no choice w/DMU as my only acceptance to this point. And I'd be thrilled to go there. The only REAL negative it has for me is the distance from home, friends & family.

Which is why I didn't even try for TCOM - although they take like 1 out of state person a year or something anyway!! But what a great school that would be to get to go to. Good luck, either way! :luck: