DMU Preview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WarsteinerFan96

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know when notifications will be sent out about their status for the summer Preview event this year? I applied a few months ago, but don't take the MCAT until later in June and worry that not having a score will severely limit my chances of being accepted for the program.

Also, if you attended in the past, what was the experience like?

Members don't see this ad.

I would like to know, too. The application asks for a "Personal Statement". Would it be smart to write a completely new P.S., or use the one I plan on submitting with my AACPMAS in August?

I'm wondering too lol. I got a call today saying I got the scholarship to attend I'm so excited!! I did not take the MCAT that shouldn't be a problem. I put down when I was going to take it though

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got invited this morning, too! I haven't submitted an essay for the scholarship yet, however. How much was the scholarship, if you don't mind me asking?

I just got invited this morning, too! I haven't submitted an essay for the scholarship yet, however. How much was the scholarship, if you don't mind me asking?
Awesome congrats :) They're paying for the airfare! I was pretty surprised thought it'd be less. You should definitely submit the scholarship essay today!

Nice! I'll definitely get that in by today.

Awesome congrats :) They're paying for the airfare! I was pretty surprised thought it'd be less. You should definitely submit the scholarship essay today!
Congrats on your invitation, I was also invited this morning and submitted my essay this afternoon. When you say that they are "paying for airfare" did they say just that or did they give you a dollar amount that you know will cover your flights. Thanks for any info and congrats again! Look forward to meeting everyone in a few weeks!

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats on your invitation, I was also invited this morning and submitted my essay this afternoon. When you say that they are "paying for airfare" did they say just that or did they give you a dollar amount that you know will cover your flights. Thanks for any info and congrats again! Look forward to meeting everyone in a few weeks!

Thanks!! They set me up with an agent from a travel company and she booked my flight. Gave me some options and I picked the one I wanted, when they sent the confirmation it was $513. Don't know if there's a max but the first email after the call from DMU said "Congratulations on getting your travel arrangements paid for!"
Hope you get it as well!

Hey guys,
I'm a current DMU student and I did the preview program in 2015! If you're coming to this year's Preview Program I might actually be TA'ing part of it!

Overall it was a really great experience to meet current students, ask questions about the school, see the campus/city, etc. I want to say 4 kids from my Preview Day are currently in the class of 2020 with me. For me (a non-midwesterner), it was this trip that sold me on the school and convinced me I could handle the Midwest for a couple years. If you need recommendations of places to check out while you're here let me know!

As far as the application process goes, I had only taken 1 semester of gen chem and bio when I applied... So no ochem or physics and definitely no MCAT. But I had just graduated undergrad and was enrolled in a post-bacc program. I think the personal statement is probably the most important, but from what I can tell they like to try to recruit kids from big name schools when they get the chance.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask or shoot me a message!

Do you know what it means when they say "priority consideration" for the application cycle? I've heard maybe that means you automatically get an interview? Any ideas?

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

Yeah I think they're intentionally vague about it. The year before mine it used to say that preview day guarantees you an interview. My year they changed it to "priority consideration." My guess is you're still like 99.9% for sure going to get an interview, but they didn't want to guarantee it to people applying late in the cycle. Or maybe they just hated someone who came for preview day. Who knows. I really do think it helps you in the admissions process though.

Yeah I think they're intentionally vague about it. The year before mine it used to say that preview day guarantees you an interview. My year they changed it to "priority consideration." My guess is you're still like 99.9% for sure going to get an interview, but they didn't want to guarantee it to people applying late in the cycle. Or maybe they just hated someone who came for preview day. Who knows. I really do think it helps you in the admissions process though.

Good to know. I'm hoping to get an early interview and (fingers crossed) acceptance so I don't have to interview at a bunch of other places I'm less interested in.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk