Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

DMU Questions

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by UNOStudent01, Apr 20, 2004.

1. UNOStudent01

UNOStudent01 mmm..College
    5+ Year Member

I will shortly be interviewing at DMU and am seriously considering the school. However, I have concerns about the 3rd and 4th year rotations. I've heard elsewhere that DMU students get tossed out around the country due to lack of spots in Iowa - is this true? If I choose to move to Des Moines, it will be with my fianc? who will be attending graduate school at Iowa State and I would rather not be forced to relocate for 2 years. Is it possible to do rotations at facilities not normally related to the school? (rural nebraska, for example)

Thank you for your help!

2. fabiolablake

fabiolablake Incompetent
    7+ Year Member

I have limited knowledge about this subject, but I know there are plenty of spots in Iowa that you are allowed to rotate to. Mercy Hospital is located in Des Moines and it is a popular hospital rotation with a level 1 trauma center and then your clinicals are done in the tower on campus. There are some other hospitals in east Iowa in Davenport that you can rotate also, I believe, but for the most part, I think you will be able to stay around the area if you wish. I would get someone else's input, but I thought I would let you know that it is possible to stay around the area; for how long, I'm not sure.

Blake

3. Insight

Insight Member
    5+ Year Member

Ditto what fabio said..

If you'd like to talk to someone from clinical affairs at DMU the # is 515-271-1629. This is Glenda Jacobs---'s #. (don't know her exact last name :oops: )She is the main person for clinical affairs. I spoke with her couple of days ago about clinical affairs and talking to her eased my concerns about rotations. I'd highly suggest that you do the same.

Good luck! :thumbup:
    Hope to see you in Des Moines this fall!
    :luck: