DMU rotations?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DMU12

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did anyone else hear DMU canceled their main hospital rotation at Broadlawns in Des Moines?

I heard that's where students get the most patient encounters and surgical exposure. I heard Dr. Mandrachia was awesome. That's too bad future students can't rotate through there!

Members don't see this ad.

I think the residency withdrew their program accreditation. I'm pretty sure you're wrong about DMU students not rotating there anymore, though.

DMU on 3/20/2008 cancelled their 3rd year students' rotation with Broadlawns Medical Center.

And yes, it was where the students got ALL of their hospital experience (rounding, seeing trauma, surgery, etc...)

It's a real shame.

Members don't see this ad :)
DMU on 3/20/2008 cancelled their 3rd year students' rotation with Broadlawns Medical Center.

And yes, it was where the students got ALL of their hospital experience (rounding, seeing trauma, surgery, etc...)

It's a real shame.

Why did they cancel it? Do they have some other hospitals in mind to replace it?

No plans for a different Rotation.

Us students and future DMU students just have to suffer because of clashing egos.

No plans for a different Rotation.

Us students and future DMU students just have to suffer because of clashing egos.
This is too bad for students about to start clinics.

I'm sure there are private pod practices in the area that are set up for the students to get into, but if they're anything like most of our private practice rotations, they're usually mostly observational due to the docs' clinic insurance not covering students (or some of the private docs just not wanting inexperienced students seeing their patients).

...Out of curiousity, did the DMU students in the DO program cease to rotate at Broadlawns also, or is it just pod students?

Just the Pods.

The DOs are still rotating through.

I don't expect much from the private practive sector in Des Moines. You are right on Feli with observation only... It's a different world when liability and patient satisfation are factored in.

I have not heard about this, so I would wait to see if it is rumor or fact.

For those attempting to make a big deal out of this, for whatever motive reason, let's put this into perspective, the rotation was equivalent to less than a two week rotation. If you want to you can hang out at Broadlawns for four or five months your fourth year. Get your facts straight and stop being a stooge for Broadlawns. I suggest you speak to the College directly for information on clinical rotations.

For those attempting to make a big deal out of this, for whatever motive reason, let’s put this into perspective, the rotation was equivalent to less than a two week rotation. If you want to you can hang out at Broadlawns for four or five months your fourth year. Get your facts straight and stop being a stooge for Broadlawns. I suggest you speak to the College directly for information on clinical rotations.

DMUer:

Maybe you should get YOUR facts straight. DMU student 2 years ago spent 2 months at broadlawns. Last year they spent 6 weeks. This year we get to spend a combined 3 weeks. It is our only hospital based experience before we leave for external rotations.

I personally feel betrayed that I will be leaving for my external rotations (which are interviews - regardless of what others may say) and feel unprepared and in need of a real hospital experience.

Yeah, I could spend months at Broadlawns at beginnning of my 4th year if I wanted to gain knowledge before I went out (like you suggested to "footcare")... But that is the dumbest thing anyone, anywhere on this forum has EVER posted. Why would I spend all my time earning skills during my fourth year at a place with no residency program? My gaining real experience should be built into my education at DMU - NOT AN OPTIONAL ADD-ON!

Well, assuming that this is true, I can't help but notice that a lot of posters just joined. While they may have joined to voice your opinion, it is suspicous. Two, if you have a real concern I think that the Dean's office is a better location for this discussion. An online forum is not the place to air your greviances.

I am a huge supporter of the Broadlawn's rotation and what it offers students; I must believe that plan is in place to replace the rotation. Again, I think that everyone should take wait and see attitude.

Well, assuming that this is true, I can't help but notice that a lot of posters just joined. While they may have joined to voice your opinion, it is suspicous. Two, if you have a real concern I think that the Dean's office is a better location for this discussion. An online forum is not the place to air your greviances.

I am a huge supporter of the Broadlawn's rotation and what it offers students; I must believe that plan is in place to replace the rotation. Again, I think that everyone should take wait and see attitude.

I do not go to DMU and am not an alumni but I think the wait and see attitude leads you into an uphill battle to fight later.

The wait and see is what this profession has done constantly.

Voice your oppinion now so when a decision is made the admins at the school cannot say "oh, we didn't know ou felt that way" they may not listen, but at least you had your voice.

Members don't see this ad :)
...I personally feel betrayed that I will be leaving for my external rotations (which are interviews - regardless of what others may say) and feel unprepared and in need of a real hospital experience...
I agree that hospital experience is very valuable. You can memorize VANDILMAX or SAPPPA HEMI, but you eventually have to use them - or at least observe.

One thing that might help is this: on your private practice rotations, can you get in there a bit and round with those docs? I have had success by asking to come in early, stay late, or skip lunch time in exchange for the opportunity to go do inpatient consults, rounds, or post-ops. To me, those are often of the coolest cases (obviously for the student, not the patient). If your attending says, "I have to run to the hospital, why don't you go get yourself some lunch and meet me back here in an hour," you can always offer to tag along. :thumbup:

As has been stated, this is a rumour until facts to verify have been made. If there are any current DMU students who have verifiable facts one way or the other, I think that would be useful.

I do not go to DMU and am not an alumni but I think the wait and see attitude leads you into an uphill battle to fight later.

The wait and see is what this profession has done constantly.

Voice your oppinion now so when a decision is made the admins at the school cannot say "oh, we didn't know ou felt that way" they may not listen, but at least you had your voice.

I agree that you should stand up for what you believe is right but I do not think that the administrators would make a move without having a plan in place. I only asked the students to wait and see what the new rotation was prior to flying off the handle. I also think that if they have issue that they should bring the concern to the administrators. I have said this before with other schools. This forum is only good to discuss issues, it will not change issues. If you want to make change, you have to do that in person.

Dr_Feelgood, from what I have heard you have had trouble with the administrators this year. So made comments to the faculty and got in trouble so it. I also heard that you have been in trouble for comments posted on SDN. So I am suprised that you would say "wait and see" or tell us to bring our concerns to the administration. We were told basically what they say goes and they "are SPEC." Things seem to have go bad this year.

I don't know who you are but you should not comment on rumors or half truths. I suggest you contact me personally in the future. You look like a fool b/c you have no idea what you are talking about.

I am official done with this thread. I have a feeling that it is going to go south fast and I don't want to be on the sinking ship.

The rumors are true, but lets not get to worked up. 3rd year students now will be rotating with Doctors Barp (IA Clinic, Methodist Hospital) and Lee (IA Central orthopedics, Mercy). Both doctors are highly regarded in the profession and will provide more than adequate exposure to students rounding with them. Let's support the decision made and know it was made in the best interest of the students. CPMS is still the amazing college we all know it to be and no one should spend even a second thinking that this would change the education or experience provided to the students.

I for one need a reference on this. Quite frankly, just because a few anonymous posters say it's true that doesn't mean it's true. Let's get some official word from the school or the hospital administrators (and I don't mean, "Bill Bobson just said it was true").

I believe the post above mine came from a STUDENT (per his/her posting status), not a faculty member or administrator. Therefore it is NOT official!

What do you think the post right above yours is?

school officials really dont post on sdn as far as im aware, so good luck waiting for that one

I believe the post above mine came from a STUDENT (per his/her posting status), not a faculty member or administrator. Therefore it is NOT official!

bettergood is probably an admin at DMU - they do follow SDN very closely there. (evidence: lack of creative user name and 1 post)

bettergood is probably an admin at DMU - they do follow SDN very closely there. (evidence: lack of creative user name and 1 post)

Also - draw your attention the forum about "The Heartland Conference" I noticed a post by a DMUgoer that seems to follow the line of this tread.

lol, sounds like scientology

ps - this is a very interesting topic as ive never heard anything negative about dmu on these forums before

No, not an admin, just a student who takes pride in their school and the great education which the school has provided them. The 3rd year students were notified this morning of the changes to the rotation schedule. Instead of jumping to conclusions and getting worked up, maybe you should try contacting the school/appropriate official and finding out what is going on first hand.

Everything is true: the sudden cancelling of the broadlawns rotation, the outstanding experience that it was for students, and the fact that college administration monitors this forum (and most likely is anonymously posting in a futile effort to save face). I'm trying to gather up the guts to post the official email informing students of the change to prove truth to the matter. Maybe someone will beat me to it.

It seems as if some of the most controversial post under this thread are coming from pre-pod students or less informed pod students. Instead of jumping to conclusions and getting worked up, maybe you should try contacting the school/appropriate official and finding out what is going on first hand.

i dont know where youre getting that impression, from what ive read the people posting all seem to be dmu students who feel alienated by the changes

If it indeed is true, that is sad because Broadlawns is a great hospital with great doctors who teach a lot. I really enjoyed my time out there and it did prepare me very well for my 4th year and residency. I can't say enough about the doctors out there. They are awesome.

Having said that, I would have to believe that the staff at DMU wouldn't pull that rotation without having a plan to ensure that the students get adequate exposure to that specific patient population somewhere else. I would choose to believe that they would not let ego interfere with the best interest of the students. I hope that is the case. I guess only time will tell.

Or we could just invite everyone to the Madison County Cattlemens booth at the Madison County Fair, eat some burgers and steak sandwiches, and bury the hatchet! :laugh:

Just because there is change, doesn't mean its bad. From what I hear DMU is a great school, and Im sure the new rotations they have set up will be sufficient. Like was posted earlier, rotate through with a private doc who admits there. Call up an attending and ask to come and follow them for a day or two. If the hospital still accepts the DO's I don't understand why the Pod students can't visit on their own accord. Some things are out of your control, make the best of what you got. No one is going to do it for you. If you feel like you are lacking in one area or another, find a way to fill that area.

Just because there is change, doesn't mean its bad. From what I hear DMU is a great school, and Im sure the new rotations they have set up will be sufficient. Like was posted earlier, rotate through with a private doc who admits there. Call up an attending and ask to come and follow them for a day or two. If the hospital still accepts the DO's I don't understand why the Pod students can't visit on their own accord. Some things are out of your control, make the best of what you got. No one is going to do it for you. If you feel like you are lacking in one area or another, find a way to fill that area.

I think its a huge bummer that DMU is not having pod students rotate at Broadlawns, especially with current students and past graduates saying how great their experiences were. I am not sure how good is will be rotating with these 2 private practice docs than a strictly hospital based rotation with a residency program (or used to have). Do you really feel the new setup is going to be better than it was previously??? Personally, I would very much like to have the hospital based rotation BEFORE I go out on externships, especially considering the 4th year at DMU is pretty much all externships (core + externships + month of private practice).

I don't feel it is the students JOB to visit/search out doctors at BMC as Sinop mentioned. In addition, how is "visiting" going to be the same as participating in rounds, surgical cases, etc at broadlawns? All the other schools have some sort of hospital based rotation(s) before you off for externships. It should be provided in the curriculum to help prepare for the final year of pod school.

Interesting! Where did your comments go? Seems like you went off the deep end and ran your mouth and now retracted your statements. Why is that? Seems to me if you are going to be man enough to run your mouth you should be man enough to keep your statements and not run away after you realize that the situation is by far a better situation for DMU. That is a very cowardly thing to do. You make a name and then run after you send inflammatory remarks about your school.
We are now going to round with two ACFAS fellows compared to a situation where no one is board certified. Dr. Lee is one the ACFAS board and Barp lectures at ACFAS conferences. Seems to me we have upgraded and not downgraded. I am personally excited to finally see DMU move in this direction. Do not get me wrong there are some good things about BMC but I feel that as a school we are moving in a better direction. I know there are students that are very thankful that they do not have to go out to BMC anymore.

As for the OP, you are not even a student at DMU yet. You have never listened to a Mandrachia drifting lecture that never goes anywhere, or the fact that all he does is bad mouth the school. For myself I rather learn from someone that is concerned about my education and not creating controversy. Really until you have stepped onto the school for more than a one day interview day please do not comment on how great someone is to learn from. He may have been good to learn from 3-5 years ago but not now. Barp and Lee are excellent physicians that are only climbing in their careers not in the waning moments of their career like the person you are commenting on. The man does not even practice podiatry anymore he maybe has clinic once a week.

Interesting! Where did your comments go? Seems like you went off the deep end and ran your mouth and now retracted your statements. Why is that? Seems to me if you are going to be man enough to run your mouth you should be man enough to keep your statements and not run away after you realize that the situation is by far a better situation for DMU. That is a very cowardly thing to do. You make a name and then run after you send inflammatory remarks about your school.
We are now going to round with two ACFAS fellows compared to a situation where no one is board certified. Dr. Lee is one the ACFAS board and Barp lectures at ACFAS conferences. Seems to me we have upgraded and not downgraded. I am personally excited to finally see DMU move in this direction. Do not get me wrong there are some good things about BMC but I feel that as a school we are moving in a better direction. I know there are students that are very thankful that they do not have to go out to BMC anymore.

As for the OP, you are not even a student at DMU yet. You have never listened to a Mandrachia drifting lecture that never goes anywhere, or the fact that all he does is bad mouth the school. For myself I rather learn from someone that is concerned about my education and not creating controversy. Really until you have stepped onto the school for more than a one day interview day please do not comment on how great someone is to learn from. He may have been good to learn from 3-5 years ago but not now. Barp and Lee are excellent physicians that are only climbing in their careers not in the waning moments of their career like the person you are commenting on. The man does not even practice podiatry anymore he maybe has clinic once a week.

interesting comment Podsmacker...."Where did your comments go? Seems like you went off the deep end and ran your mouth and now retracted your statements. Why is that? Seems to me if you are going to be man enough to run your mouth you should be man enough to keep your statements and not run away That is a very cowardly thing to do. You make a name and then run after you send inflammatory remarks...."

The Podfather

this thread attracts newf4gs like crazy

very strange

There are many new posts and I think everyone should settle down that is upset and try not to take offense.

This is suprising news that for most of the day could not be confirmed. I don't think Footchoppers comments were that harsh (you can see what he originally posted in FeelGood's response) compared to a lot of things that get posted on SDN. Not every student is going to agree with Administration decisions all of the time and that shouldn't mean that they are disgracing their school but that they should be able to discuss in a forum their opionions and concerns.

Not all DPM students at DMU knew of this recent change but as was posted by others the 3rd years who are directly affected by this change were sent an email. And I am sure that when Sping Break is over the other students this will eventually impact will be informed of the change and reasoning behind the change. From what some of the 3rd year students are saying there is a plan in place for this change so the plug wasn't pulled to just leave students hanging. Some students may be excited about the changes and others not.

It would be great if more students, residents, attendings, etc are able to share their thoughts and opionions on this change without putting down others in the profession and administration.

Granted I'm not a student just the wife of a student and I think this whole post has been extremely interesting. As soon as I read the first couple of posts this morning I called my husband to find out what he thought as this will impact him.

There are many new posts and I think everyone should settle down that is upset and try not to take offense.

This is suprising news that for most of the day could not be confirmed. I don't think Footchoppers comments were that harsh (you can see what he originally posted in FeelGood's response) compared to a lot of things that get posted on SDN. Not every student is going to agree with Administration decisions all of the time and that shouldn't mean that they are disgracing their school but that they should be able to discuss in a forum their opionions and concerns.

Not all DPM students at DMU knew of this recent change but as was posted by others the 3rd years who are directly affected by this change were sent an email. And I am sure that when Sping Break is over the other students this will eventually impact will be informed of the change and reasoning behind the change. From what some of the 3rd year students are saying there is a plan in place for this change so the plug wasn't pulled to just leave students hanging. Some students may be excited about the changes and others not.

It would be great if more students, residents, attendings, etc are able to share their thoughts and opionions on this change without putting down others in the profession and administration.

Granted I'm not a student just the wife of a student and I think this whole post has been extremely interesting. As soon as I read the first couple of posts this morning I called my husband to find out what he thought as this will impact him.

Did you mean my comments or comments made by "Footcare"?

-----------

Also, interesting observation I made. All the comments in this tread that are defending the school are in a different style of font that the default font.
Maybe I'm reading too much into it - but perhaps its because they are being written in an outside program such as Word. Maybe it's coincidence - or maybe because they are all from the same person with multiple accounts.

I find rumor posted by DMUgoer in tread entitled "The Heartland Conference" very interesting.

DMUgoer posted that it is rumored that the reason for the schools' boycotting the states podiatry conference is due to (begin rumor) the dean not being able to give a lecture along side the bigger names in our profession. (end rumor)
The school in response is infact boycotting, this is true. The school backed out of an agreement to host social and educational events - why we as students don't know. A lot of rumors have been circulating amongst us - this one has been mentioned a few times.

But this is the most interesting part - the Broadlawns doctors (Rogers and Bevilacqua - sorry if I did't spell that correctly) were in charge of setting up who lectured!

I've heard that the dean wanted to present his research on Vitamin D and Charcot with the big guns.

I don't think there is any way to prove whether this is true or not - so sorry for the rumor spreading. But it does add to this whole situation.

Seems to me if you are going to be man enough to run your mouth you should be man enough to keep your statements and not run away after you realize that the situation is by far a better situation for DMU. That is a very cowardly thing to do. You make a name and then run after you send inflammatory remarks about your school.

Maybe because they are afraid of retribution. Be man or woman enough and identify yourself. I'm convinced you are either part of the administration or faculty at the school. No student would know who is on the board of directors at ACFAS. And what student would make a comment about how Mandracchia's lectures were better 3-5 years ago.

It is evident that the DMU administration monitors and posts on this forum. Which is fine, since I am an attending and doing likewise. However, I identify myself, everyone knows I'm harshly honest and I stand by my comments.

We are now going to round with two ACFAS fellows compared to a situation where no one is board certified. Dr. Lee is one the ACFAS board and Barp lectures at ACFAS conferences. Seems to me we have upgraded and not downgraded.

Drs. Barp and Lee are fantastic surgeons. They are extremely busy and great role models. I consider them friends.

Now that that's out of the way, I see you're concerned with ACFAS Fellowship. How many of the faculty at DMU are actually ABPS board certified? Why was one of the top DMU administrative faculty singled out a few years ago for providing unethical or misleading testimony during a malpractice deposition against another podiatrist? Did you know that because of this DMU faculty member's actions ACFAS enacted an "Ethical Expert Witness Testimony Statement" and requests all members sign it.

This might be a criticism of our faculty at Broadlawns, who are not all board certified. The reason why Bevilacqua and I are not yet certified is because of the time limit required by ABPS after residency before submitting cases. We have each performed almost 300 cases this year alone. It is impossible to be board certified at this time for us due to the time limit (24 months after residency). This is in contrast to some DMU tower faculty who have been practicing for some years and are not yet certified.

Don't come to a gun fight with a knife.

LCR

]

As for the OP, you are not even a student at DMU yet. You have never listened to a Mandrachia drifting lecture that never goes anywhere, or the fact that all he does is bad mouth the school. For myself I rather learn from someone that is concerned about my education and not creating controversy. Really until you have stepped onto the school for more than a one day interview day please do not comment on how great someone is to learn from. He may have been good to learn from 3-5 years ago but not now. Barp and Lee are excellent physicians that are only climbing in their careers not in the waning moments of their career like the person you are commenting on. The man does not even practice podiatry anymore he maybe has clinic once a week

This personal attack is completely uncalled for. I'm embarrassed to be an alumnus from DMU and know you work there.

Dr. Mandracchia's career is far from waning. He was recently made the Chief Medical Officer of the whole hospital, a feat few podiatrists have accomplished. Yes, he is mostly an administrator now, but he continues to see about 40 patients a week. This is no different that Dean Yoho, but I wouldn't criticism him for being an administrator.

On a personal note, Dr. Mandracchia made a huge impact in my learning. While a student at DMU, he taught me that articles are the primary medical reference and this is the only way you're going to learn once you leave the safe confines of medical school. He also said "question every thing you are taught." A simple, but profoundly academic statement. One not appreciated by the poster to whom I'm responding.

very interesting thread, you would think a school with DMUs supposed reputation could stand up to some criticism. the harsh monitoring of their students comments on these forums is very intriguing. makes me wonder if theyre hiding some secrets like scientology.

Despite all of this, DMU is a good school. It's too bad that all of these student comments will likely negatively affect the University.

The first 2 years of basic science is extraordinary. You sit side by side with other future doctors who may be cardiologists, surgeons, or family practitioners.

Your fourth year is made up entirely of externships in which you choose. I did a rotation in England at the Diabetic Foot Hospital in Manchester, in the Peripheral Nerve Lab at The Mayo Clinic, at Yale, at UT San Antonio, UPMC, and Broadlawns. It can be a fantastic year.

The problem lies with the third year. Instead of trimming toenails at the will of university doctors, why not model a 2 and 2 system like the MDs and DOs. Why not spend your 3 year in a hospital, on call, rounding, scrubbing surgeries.

Even with all these problems, I would still choose DMU if I had to do it all over again. 3 great years out of 4 aren't bad.

LCR

This personal attack is completely uncalled for. I'm embarrassed to be an alumnus from DMU and know you work there.

Dr. Mandracchia's career is far from waning. He was recently made the Chief Medical Officer of the whole hospital, a feat few podiatrists have accomplished. Yes, he is mostly an administrator now, but he continues to see about 40 patients a week. This is no different that Dean Yoho, but I wouldn't criticism him for being an administrator.

On a personal note, Dr. Mandracchia made a huge impact in my learning. While a student at DMU, he taught me that articles are the primary medical reference and this is the only way you're going to learn once you leave the safe confines of medical school. He also said "question every thing you are taught." A simple, but profoundly academic statement. One not appreciated by the poster to whom I'm responding.

He has 40 patients in one day?

40 patients is about the total number of patients one clinician at the DMU tower sees in a week.

He has 40 patients in one day?

40 patients is about the total number of patients one clinician at the DMU tower sees in a week.
40pts is nothing too unusual and it's definitely doable as long as he can dictate the charts; I'd say 40 is probably about average for a doc who works a full 6-8hr day with an assistant (medical assistant, student, or nurse) to prep the patients and take XRs. With pod residents or a DPM partner, I'd imagine it'd be fairly easy to see 50+ per day.

Most of the docs I've been in clinic with see roughly 20-50 per day depending on what the pathologies are. Days with a lot of new patients are obviously on the low end, and other days with just a lot of routine care or quick POVs and procedure follow-ups are on the high end.

...interesting thread :corny:

As for the OP, you are not even a student at DMU yet. You have never listened to a Mandrachia drifting lecture that never goes anywhere, or the fact that all he does is bad mouth the school. For myself I rather learn from someone that is concerned about my education and not creating controversy. Really until you have stepped onto the school for more than a one day interview day please do not comment on how great someone is to learn from.

yikes! does this person really work for dmu? i'm a little nervous now. does ne1 have experience getting their seat deposit back?

footchopper said:
Did you mean my comments or comments made by "Footcare"?
quote]

Yea my bad I meant Footcare not Footchopper.

yikes! does this person really work for dmu? i'm a little nervous now. does ne1 have experience getting their seat deposit back?

I am just a concerned student that has went through the school and had to listen to him lecture and was making a point that there are two sides to every story. I did not like his lectures and neither did most of the classes from DMU. I was only trying to make the point that there are two opinions out there

I meant that his career as a PODIATRIST was waning. We all know that he is a CMO of a hospital. I was just making sure students realize that he is not as big of a focal point of the rotation and that you may only see him once or maybe none.

Drs. Barp and Lee are fantastic surgeons. They are extremely busy and great role models. I consider them friends.

Now that that's out of the way, I see you're concerned with ACFAS Fellowship. How many of the faculty at DMU are actually ABPS board certified? Why was one of the top DMU administrative faculty singled out a few years ago for providing unethical or misleading testimony during a malpractice deposition against another podiatrist? Did you know that because of this DMU faculty member's actions ACFAS enacted an "Ethical Expert Witness Testimony Statement" and requests all members sign it.

This might be a criticism of our faculty at Broadlawns, who are not all board certified. The reason why Bevilacqua and I are not yet certified is because of the time limit required by ABPS after residency before submitting cases. We have each performed almost 300 cases this year alone. It is impossible to be board certified at this time for us due to the time limit (24 months after residency). This is in contrast to some DMU tower faculty who have been practicing for some years and are not yet certified.

Don't come to a gun fight with a knife.

LCR

A simple google search of all of the clinicians and you can find facts about them and as a student I look into those things. Mike Lee lectures at the school about flat foot reconstruction and has for awhile now so the student body all know about him. He also talks about being on the board. If you were to ask half of the surgery club at the school if they knew what being a fellow was they would know. I think it is common knowledge these days. Students also realize that people like your self and others right out of training or not fellows because of number situations. I was only making it known that we are moving from that to with fellows. Our own clinicians that teach at the school we know about the things that are you are talking about and that is not relevant to the conversation.

I too have heard him say that and think that it is total crap. He says it but if you were to question his rambling lectures I don't think it would go over well

This is not a personal attack at Dr. M. I am only stating a very true opinion about how he has been as a lecturer for the past few years and as you can read in my statements I said he may have been a good lecturer 3-5 years ago but now he is not. He may have been a good lecturer and teacher when you were there. I just believe at this point in his career that his lecture series was not the best.
Last time I checked as a student I have the right to my own opinion. You are a clinician on the front page of this website. Do you really think that you should be spouting such anger? I as a student and have a right to defend my school and its dececions. You are sounding like you are bitter that we are leaving and I think people will be able to see that.

I am student and DMU is a great institution. I had to for a few years listen to him lecture.By no means should you get your seat deposit back from what is said on a stupid forum. If you are concerned about your education ask the administration and they will be happy to tell you the truth and tell you why they are going in the directions they are going. I apologize for attacking you as being the original poster I should have just PM you to tell you not to post about what you do not know and for that I am sorry for getting in the gutter with some of my peers and apparently with a soon to be peer in a few months.