DMU Secondary...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Smokey223

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone else out there seem really weary about the supplemental application from Des Moines??? I emailed them, and I didn't overlook anything. There were no essays! I am just paranoid I think. :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Really.... No essay!!!

That is scary.... You might want to double check.... I haven't seen this year's secondary but last year's secondary was right above the "Notice regarding clinical education."

It stated: The admissions committee requires a statement of no more than two pages describing your interest in training as an Osteopathic physician. Attach to this application. A separate employment or extracurricular record is not required. Do not send research articles (you may refer to publications in your statement): do not send transcripts or other documents unless requested by us.

Anyway... Just wanted to suggest to you to double check as last year's essay question was in a very obscure spot.... Maybe they simply changed it this year :confused: Instead of emailing the admissions office you might want to try to call them....

Good luck to you.

Members don't see this ad :)
yep, no essay for me!

No essay it is :D....

DMU is also cutting their class size.... just thought I'd share that for those applying.... Good luck

Popoy-

Cutting class size? What is their rationale behind that? It seems contradictory(sp?) to the big money business (ooppss, I mean medical schools).

What ##'s are the cutting it to BTW?

Thanks in advance!

-A

P.S. :p I'm catching up to you my friend.. I figure, you are going to be getting busier and busier with classes and I'm going to backdoor you... One day, your going to login, and POOF! I'll have more posts!! I'm a senior (cough cough) member now.. :p

Hey all DMU applicants... I checked with my buddies in the admissions committee and they told me, "There is no essay for the secondary this year." They cut the essay out because AACOMAS increased the length of their essay... so DMU is just going off of that essay now. Hope that helps!