DMU vs WesternU COMP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

MedTm

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi y’all! I recently received acceptances from both DMU and WesternU Pomona campus, and I am extremely grateful. They’re both great schools and I am having difficulty choosing between the two. The first deposit is coming up, and I want to know the pros and cons of both schools and what y’all think you would choose. Also, is it smart to put deposits to both schools? Thank you so much!
 
I would pick DMU. While WesternU has fixed many problems with curriculum and whatnot, the clinical education leaves a lot to desire. There are some really strong rotations and some really weak ones. You will have to drive around and live around all of Southern California. It's simply not worth the hassle unless you have to stay for family or otherwise
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad