do all dental schools require anatomy+physiology?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

premedrocks

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
is there a list of dental schools that tells you if that school requires anatomy and physiology? is it looked down upon if you dont take them? I may face the issue of not being able to take these classes due to other graduation prereqs. that i have.
 
I sent my application on June. I only picked those that I meet the requirements. I didn't apply to howard, midwestern, and louisville because these require anatomy.

However, I heard that I can take these classes AFTER I get in.
so I was like oh u know what, let me just apply and I added these 3 schools on late August.

Fortunately, the one and only school that I got accepted out of 13 that I applied was MWU. If I didn't apply to MWU thinking that I needed to meet all the requirements, I must be regretting right now.

I don't know the list of schools but u can go to each of the school's website and click on requirement to see this. Even if U don't meet the full requirement, don't be afraid of sending out the application.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
is there a list of dental schools that tells you if that school requires anatomy and physiology? is it looked down upon if you dont take them? I may face the issue of not being able to take these classes due to other graduation prereqs. that i have.

I took physio, but not anatomy. Some schools do require anatomy, check them out in the ADEA Guide to Dental Schools, the best 30 bucks you'll ever spend.

http://www.adea.org/dental_educatio...s/Pages/ADEAOfficialGuidetoDentalSchools.aspx
 
I sent my application on June. I only picked those that I meet the requirements. I didn't apply to howard, midwestern, and louisville because these require anatomy.

However, I heard that I can take these classes AFTER I get in.
so I was like oh u know what, let me just apply and I added these 3 schools on late August.

Fortunately, the one and only school that I got accepted out of 13 that I applied was MWU. If I didn't apply to MWU thinking that I needed to meet all the requirements, I must be regretting right now.

I don't know the list of schools but u can go to each of the school's website and click on requirement to see this. Even if U don't meet the full requirement, don't be afraid of sending out the application.

Totally, occasionally those requirements can be... bent a little bit. I got into Howard without taking anatomy.
 
When they say anatomy...is it just human anatomy? I am taking neuroanatomy this year. Would that count?
 
When they say anatomy...is it just human anatomy? I am taking neuroanatomy this year. Would that count?

Neuro would be good, but whether they would accept that to satisfy the anatomy pre-req might depend on the school. It never hurts to ask, I was able to get a class substituted by talking with the admissions people.