Do all of your requirements need to be done in order to be accepted?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

carn311

Dead tired.
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was planning on applying to dental school Summer 06 but I will not have physics done. Will this be a problem? In my mind it should be fine as long as the Schools know that I WILL complete the physics sequence and my BA before I matriculate.

But would it make me a less attractive applicant?

Also, when is the latest you guys would recomend taking the DAT during the summer that you apply? I will be taking Organic II at the end of the summer so I would like to wait until that is completed and then take the DAT. But maybe I should take the DAT first before Organic II and just try to study and fill in my knowledge.

What do you guys think?

Members don't see this ad.

carn311 said:
I was planning on applying to dental school Summer 06 but I will not have physics done. Will this be a problem? In my mind it should be fine as long as the Schools know that I WILL complete the physics sequence and my BA before I matriculate.

But would it make me a less attractive applicant?

Also, when is the latest you guys would recomend taking the DAT during the summer that you apply? I will be taking Organic II at the end of the summer so I would like to wait until that is completed and then take the DAT. But maybe I should take the DAT first before Organic II and just try to study and fill in my knowledge.

What do you guys think?
That is exactly what I did, you'll be aight :) . I dont think it makes anyone a less attractive applicant especially because physics is the stupidest pre req ever(in my opinion). There are even a few schools that require only one semester. Best of luck!

I hate to be vague, but for a lot of the questions that have been poping up recently (including this one) the answer is that it depends on the school and it depends on your application situation. For most schools, the general answer is no, it doesn't matter. However, if you are applying to a state school as an out-of state resident, your application might be seen more favorably if everything is done. I know that this is the case with Baylor (this is what the Dean of Admissions told my Pre-Dental Society).

What schools are you looking at? We might be able to help give you a clearer explanation.