Dismiss Notice
Last chance to give your feedback! Fill out the 2019 SDN Member Survey to let us know what's important to you (and win prizes!)

Do all programs start the same time?

Discussion in 'Psychiatry' started by CariBeaner, Feb 21, 2007.

1. CariBeaner

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I hear the begining of june and the begining of july referred to as the start- which one is it? Sorry if this is a silly question.

2. raspberry swirl

7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    i am under the impression (and i could be wrong) that they all start July 1st- thats the official start date. however, you have to be there anywhere from 1 to 3 weeks earlier, depending on the program, for orientations, acls/pals, filling out mounds of paperwork, etc. so technically, i guess both beginning of july and beginning of june could be right, depending on what the person is referring to- the actual day you have to be present, or the first day you actually have to "work" and make real decisions about real patients.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Doc Samson

Doc Samson gamma irradiated
    Physician 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Most of the programs in Boston start (as in start clinical work) in mid-June after 2-3 days of administrative orientation.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...