DO and MBA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rezin385

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
are there any DO schools that do a combined DO/MBA degree???
thanks

Members don't see this ad.

PCOM does it through St Josephs University(about a mile up the road). You apply for the program about halfway through your first year, if accepted(You need to have a certain GPA and MCAT to be considered). The reason they look at the MCAT is because most people don't have a GRE score.

You do your first year normally. You take classes the summer between M1-M2. Your second year is stretched over two years. You take all normal classes except OMM, and Primary Care Skills(our physical exam class) in addition to night courses at St Joes. With the curriculum like that, you can still take boards with your class at the end of your second year since you will have had all of the classes on the COMLEX with the exception of some OMM that I'm sure you can study on your own. Your third year you finish the OMM and Primary Care Skills continue with MBA courses, get your MBA, then start clinicals and graduate with your DO after 5 total.

Members don't see this ad :)
are there any DO schools that do a combined DO/MBA degree???
thanks

I know Oklahoma State does, but don't limit your search to simply DO/MBA programs....many MPH programs offer concentrations in health care administration which is very similar to what an MBA in health services management will teach you. So, look for DO/MPH programs as well as DO/MBA programs.

I know Oklahoma State does, but don't limit your search to simply DO/MBA programs....many MPH programs offer concentrations in health care administration which is very similar to what an MBA in health services management will teach you. So, look for DO/MPH programs as well as DO/MBA programs.

DMU offers MPH and MHA dual degrees; all can be completed within the four years, if not sooner and many of the classes can be done online.

The only DO schools to have a DO/MBA program going right now are:

PCOM
NYCOM
OUCOM
OSUCOM
KCUMB

As the above poster stated, those programs are the only ones with the dual degree.

Here's a post with links. You will see new programs poping up though, I'm sure.

UMDNJ was rumored to possibly start a DO/MBA program - they have the MPA program with concentration in health admin (which isn't advertised but I know students have done it).

Plenty of chatter in the MBA forum as well. Check it out!