Do any CA colleges offer Courses for California Law?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Display Name

Pharm.D.
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I will be graduating in Georgia, but will sit for licensure back home in California.

Is anyone aware of a California pharmacy school that offers law courses that I might be able to take?

or

Any suggestions on how to best prepare for the exam? Prep materials, etc?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

USC offers a June review for the boards-bascially 4 yrs crammed into 2 weeks. Law is covered by Weissman. You receive about 2,000 pages of notes in 3 bundles. NAPLEX pass rate is around 100%. Pretty high for the CPJE too. The school charges outsiders...heard $1,500. We had a few outlanders taking it, along with some of the incoming PGY-1s (USC incoming residents were not charged). Other schools have review classes, but unsure if they charge to attend.

I love when the school says that they are giving us the review class for free....kinda like the free tuition they receive during 4th year for not having to teach....

Doc Hawaii, You are my people. I needed a good laugh today. Nice to know some things in pharmacy school are universal.

Thank you for the details, though steep, that is well worth the investment!

Do you have any idea who I should get in contact with?

Members don't see this ad :)
I will be graduating in Georgia, but will sit for licensure back home in California.

Is anyone aware of a California pharmacy school that offers law courses that I might be able to take?

or

Any suggestions on how to best prepare for the exam? Prep materials, etc?

Thanks!
well you graduate in 2017, i would recommend getting multiple licensure as california is extremely saturated right now. here in coastal socal, even the chains are hiring VERY few people. to my surprise, even the desert (palm springs area) was filled as soon as the new grads were licensed, so i would really give myself more options. :)

I used PassNaplexNow law portion took me 2 days to learn Cali law. If anyone is interested PM me for online access. However be aware that CPJE has less than 10 law questions. Most of it is clinical

well you graduate in 2017, i would recommend getting multiple licensure as california is extremely saturated right now. here in coastal socal, even the chains are hiring VERY few people. to my surprise, even the desert (palm springs area) was filled as soon as the new grads were licensed, so i would really give myself more options. :)

Thanks for the heads up and suggestions!

I am an older student and California is home, so it is my only option... an option that sounds like it may take some time (or luck!) to accomplish!

I suggest emailing her first. They may not be available when you are on campus, and I hear that parking is a NIGHTMARE now. The school removed 800 parking spots from the SPSS lot for some building. And the secret free parking lot near the abandoned Women's and Children's Hospital is locked down-county finally got wise after 20 years....

Strangers stick out like a sore thumb at the review class, and the powers that be check your student ID (which has to have a special sticker on it to even get into the lecture hall), and they sometimes lock the door after lecture begins. The coordinator sits through the lectures near the door and sees everyone coming and going. No recording of any type is allowed and online blackboard is off. Packets are handed out 3 times, and they last about 5 days. Miss a note pickup, lose a copy, dog ate it, whatever, they will not give another. You sign a non-copy/non-distribution waiver form too. They are strict about keeping the review to the students, incoming residents, and paying scholars. The coordinator gives out extra handout goodies (on certain days) that may/may not be useful for the boards. This swag is used to encourage attendance. How useful is the review class? That is debatable....however, Dr. Ng is the author of a couple of the RXPrep book chapters...and Weissman will give you a packet with the key need-to-know stuff. I read Weissman's book twice, read the Q&A at the end, and then knew his packet...more than enough for the measly (7?) law questions I got. The crazy brand/generic topicals/drops/creams/stability/IV to PO conversion/off the wall stuff questions that I had never heard of was much more disturbing than the law. If you worked outpatient in CA, then the law questions are easy. Just memorize the years you need to keep all the documents, staffing rations, what the board wants.

Oh, the review lasted 5 days, then 5 days off, then another 5 days. ~8AM-6+PM.

I know that Western has a review class too, and Weissman lectures to them. I would not be surprised if you could pay to attend Western's review class.

Reactions: 1 users