California CPJE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CYNTO

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello I have been a retail rph in Michigan for some time now and am getting ready to study for the California licensure for hopefully a better job opportunities.

Please any suggestions on material to study for the Cali Cpje?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey I'm from PA and just took it today, it was weird as heck. Same as all other advice, definitely know brands/generics...not just of drugs for top disease states like diabetes, hypertension, hyperlipidemia, infectious disease (including antibiotics/antifungals and all HIV because I got a weird drug that's not even commonly used in HIV) but less commonly studied disease states (like ophthalmics for glaucoma as an example). The most basic ADRs/side effects of commonly used drugs should be second nature, so focus on odd and lesser known side effects because that's what you will be asked. If a drug has a therapeutic drug monitoring level...know it. Why it was weird though was because some non-clinical questions were bizarre in my opinion. For law I used Weissman which I thought was super helpful and for clinical I just read through my Rxprep I had as a student. I did very minimal preparation though because I'm still in residency which takes up a lot of my time too we'll see...