DO chances for matching ACGME

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jrlob91

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Current DO MS3 applying to OB/GYN residencies next summer, just wanted to know my chances of matching as I am in a weird situation with my board scores. A summary of my app is below:

COMLEX level 1 - 654
USMLE step 1 - 216
Class rank years 1/2 - 8/108
Current MS3 grades - H(Ob), H(IM), H(OB elective), waiting on grade for peds but it won't be lower than HP.
Other - working on DO/MPH dual degree, some research but none published, SSP member (DO equivalent of AOA), and student government representative on the curriculum committee, among other things.

What are my chances of matching at an ACGME residency? My step score is low, I thought I would do better but it is what it is. Will that be a red flag even with my excellent COMLEX score?

Thank you for any information, I am trying to decide if it would be better to apply to osteopathic residencies because of the Step 1 score.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Sort of in the same situation! Was wanting to ask the same thing!

nobody in acgme world knows how to evaluate your 'excellent' comlex score, unfortunately.

it only raises the flag, for me at least, if you did so well on your comlex, why didnt it translate over to usmle? 216 is well below the ever rising average, no?