Do dental schools average your DAT scores if you take the DAT twice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AT12

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What happens if you take the DAT twice? Do they average your scores or take the higher of the scores in factoring your admission?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

im pretty sure they take the higher

AT12 said:
What happens if you take the DAT twice? Do they average your scores or take the higher of the scores in factoring your admission?

Thanks!

Each school does it differently so you should contact the admissions office of the schools you plan to attend.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think they average. Some schools take the highest score from each section, other schools take the most recent scores, even if they're lower.

Like the above poster said, contact the schools and ask.

i've heard pittsburgh and indiana will under special circumstances. the certain circumstances were naver made aware to me though from either school...

Pittsburgh will take the highest of each section...so I was told by Rose Mangold...

I've always been under the impression it was the most recent set of scores, but apparently some of you guys have found some exceptions....cool.

depends on the school, some schools will even take your highest score for each section...

So you could study like a mad man for just 2 section....come away with a 25 and next year do the others the same way.