Do dental schools have second look days for admitted students?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EmanUT

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have friends who got into both medical and law schools who are going to special days for newly admitted students at their respective institutions. I think that's a great idea, to both meet your future classmates and to see the school one more time w/out the interview stress. So my question is, do dental schools have organized second look events or is that just medicine/law?

Members don't see this ad.

Few schools have this set up formally (UConn is the only one I applied to that has a meet-and-greet day before orientation starts.)

However, I went back to all the schools I was accepted to for my own second look. I told the admin I was coming, and in all cases they had someone there to meet me and show me around again. And then I had time on my own to amble about and talk with students that I met in the halls and such. It was invaluable in making my final decision....also, you can explore the city and the rest of the campus to get an idea for how you'd fit in the area. I'd highly recommend it!!

Stony Brook has a day in June where all the students going there will meet up at the school. I'm not sure what events they have planned for the day.

Then there is orientation week in August.