Do dental schools require your transcripts after acceptance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Askota

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I was just curious if dental schools require your transcripts if you've already been accepted? I fulfilled all the requirements for most schools my junior year and my senior year has just been filled with electives like pharmacology. I've already interviewed at a few schools like Nova, Temple, and Tufts and will hopefully be getting accepted in December. Has anyone heard about \transcripts being required post acceptance, specifically from these schools?

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, my school required our final transcripts to be sent in. Keep working hard

Reactions: 1 users
Hard to imagine any dental school that would not require official transcripts on file.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was talking to a dentist that skipped his last semester of college before dental school because he found a gig framing houses and had bills to pay, but that was back in the 70’s. You’re gonna have to send them a transcript as part of finalizing your acceptance.

Yes, any acceptance letter you get is going to say their offer is "conditional on satisfactorily completing degree requirements," and they're going to have you forward them your final transcript when you graduate. You don't have to finish with straight A's, but letting your GPA take huge a nosedive in the last semester is maybe not smart and you def have to pass/finish.

Reactions: 1 user
Yes, you have to. Please be careful with this as there are cases of students having their acceptances rescinded due to failure to submit all transcripts in a timely manner

There are also cases where requirements have not been satisfactory and weren’t found out until the official transcripts came in. We had a student in our class that started with us but was removed from the program after about two weeks because there was a discrepancy with their transcript.

Reactions: 1 user
There are also cases where requirements have not been satisfactory and weren’t found out until the official transcripts came in. We had a student in our class that started with us but was removed from the program after about two weeks because there was a discrepancy with their transcript.

Oh damn! What was the issue?

Yes, I saw something like this too!! It sucks to work so hard to get to that point only for it to end that way. Please be careful about all of these little things, I think there's a general tendency of taking things easy after getting accepted and thats just not the case. Unfortunately acceptances can be conditional and you want to watch your back for these little things after you get in, especially if you're accepted when you are still in the process of completing requirements. I'm guessing either the person didn't do well in the course or they dropped a class that the school had required them to take?

Oh damn! What was the issue?
Yes, I saw something like this too!! It sucks to work so hard to get to that point only for it to end that way. Please be careful about all of these little things, I think there's a general tendency of taking things easy after getting accepted and thats just not the case. Unfortunately acceptances can be conditional and you want to watch your back for these little things after you get in, especially if you're accepted when you are still in the process of completing requirements. I'm guessing either the person didn't do well in the course or they dropped a class that the school had required them to take?

Yeah, it was pretty unfortunate. I think the issue was there was a pre-requisite course that was submitted as completed but they didn’t actually complete the course. I didn’t hear from the administration what the issue was but that was the general consensus.

It could have been a misunderstanding or an error with submitting information, it’s just really unfortunate because it took away a spot from someone else.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.