do dental schools round your gpa to the hundreths or tenth place?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KristenD77

Predent
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I heard that the ADEA AADSAS rounds your GPAs to the hundreths or tenths place? For example if my gpa is a 3.495 would that be rounded to a 3.5?

Members don't see this ad.

no 3.495 is shown as 3.4 ADEA AADSAS uses a cut off GPA point system so it just show the digits it has enough space for

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
really, that sucks :(

LOL im just joking with you. they show your verified GPA to last two decimal places so 3.49 would be shown but in case of round up, it will be 3.5 :)

Reactions: 6 users
really, that sucks :(

I hope that when your do your crown preparations and root canals, you reflect on the level of attention required when measuring your lengths to the nearest hundredths as well, for your patients....

Reactions: 2 users
LOL im just joking with you. they show your verified GPA to last two decimal places so 3.49 would be shown but in case of round up, it will be 3.5 :)
lmao you had me going there! Thanks for your response :)

Just how you want 3.499 shown on your record, your patient wants their root canal or preparation to be the best and most precise measurement possible, like yourself.

Reactions: 1 user
Do you know of any dental schools that would round up?

Last edited: