Do dental schools send out interview invites during winter break?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dentist.2021

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering if I should go visit my family outside the country this winter break (Dec 12 ~ Jan 15), but I'm not sure if schools will send interview invitations during the winter break.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm wondering if I should go visit my family outside the country this winter break (Dec 12 ~ Jan 15), but I'm not sure if schools will send interview invitations during the winter break.

That's pretty long lol. I have seen them give interviews at that time just not New Years and Christmas (+/-) .. they definitely start back in January when school is in session (few days after New Years +/-)

yep they do. I have a hunch where you are going by your name. I'd wait till summer or spring. I was advised by my pre-health advisor to stick around rather than travel.

Members don't see this ad :)
They certainly can and will.

I currently have an interview scheduled for Jan 6th. I would not go out of the country for that long if I were you.