DO/DMD at nova

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

dent0317034490

i was just wondering what they meant by the DO/DMD? what would you be able to do at the end with the degree??

Members don't see this ad.

This D.O./D.M.D. Collaborative Degree Program is symbiotic with the missions of both schools, and in particular, the philosophy of an osteopathic physician. Graduates of this dual program will prepare health care practitioners to utilize a totally holistic approach to health care that will address preventive medicine and general dentistry, as well as access to care issues, and meet the needs of the underserved.
Once students complete this six-year program, they will be qualified for licensure in dentistry and for postgraduate one-year residencies that are required prior to medical licensure. Interested individuals can apply to the NSU medical or dental schools through their respective centralized application service (AACOMAS or AADSAS) and must be accepted by the college they applied to in order to be considered for the D.O./D.M.D. Collaborative Degree Program. Only a select number of motivated students who have attained the highest academic standards and embody the spirit of this collaborative initiative will be considered.

This D.O./D.M.D. Collaborative Degree Program is symbiotic with the missions of both schools, and in particular, the philosophy of an osteopathic physician. Graduates of this dual program will prepare health care practitioners to utilize a totally holistic approach to health care that will address preventive medicine and general dentistry, as well as access to care issues, and meet the needs of the underserved.
Once students complete this six-year program, they will be qualified for licensure in dentistry and for postgraduate one-year residencies that are required prior to medical licensure. Interested individuals can apply to the NSU medical or dental schools through their respective centralized application service (AACOMAS or AADSAS) and must be accepted by the college they applied to in order to be considered for the D.O./D.M.D. Collaborative Degree Program. Only a select number of motivated students who have attained the highest academic standards and embody the spirit of this collaborative initiative will be considered.

aka its for a person who plans to work in an underserved area where healthcare and dental care is rare. During my interview at NOVA i asked this same question and I was told that it is aimed at students who plan to work in those areas so that the public will have access to both its healthcare and dental needs. It seems like a great program if it fits your future interest.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone on SDN apply to Nova's dual program?

Wow, I didnt know they had such program, Im trying to go on their site to get more info but I cant find any :confused: Does anyone have a link that would direct me to it, i would be greatful :)

Post it up so others can see it too, please. :thumbup:

What!!! That is exactyl what I want to do (hence AT STILL app--REJECTED THER!)

I wish I had known about it!! Is it too late :(

froggiesmile's response is what it says on the website. Alsom They ask on their secondary if you are interested in the program. I believe it is a six year deal

Does any one know of other universities with similar dual programs?