DO doctors

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
M

MTY

for all of the future DO's out there,
what are your plans after graduating from med schools? Do you plan to have your private clinic? or do you plan to work in the hospital? i like to have some feeback.

for most of the DO doctors in practice, are they mostly in private practice or hospital? what is the percentage?

thank you,

Members don't see this ad.

I think I'm leaning, at least at this time, toward staying with the hospitals. In my area the larger hospitals are starting to set up urgent care clinics throughout the county. Litte mini extensions of the hospital without beds. I'll trade off dealing with all the paperwork (insurance billing, files, etc...) of the private practice for having a salary and a boss in the hospital (loss of autonomy). I guess I'm just trading red tape for red tape, but oh well. Of course I may change my tune in a few years. If I went private, I'd definitely go with a large group practice.

i'd like to work with a medical group to avoid a heavy overhead and paper work while being a clinical preceptor at an affiliate hospital. I love teaching. This is only a plan, who knows what happen to the US healthcare system in the next 4 years, especially with this rapid change in policies!!!
Moon
---you never fail until you stop trying---