Do double majors with minor & publication help?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sam02281990

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does double major in two different areas (English and Math) with minor in biology strength my application for top medical schools? Does publications do it too?

Members don't see this ad.

Does double major in two different areas (English and Math) with minor in biology strength my application for top medical schools? Does publications do it too?

Publication = YES, Double major = NO

Coursework is important, the fact of having a double major isn't. If you really like English/Math (which ever one you're maybe waffling about), go for the double major, but if taking the extra coursework to qualify for the major is like pulling teeth, don't do it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Multiple majors (I have 3; one natural science, one social science, and one interdisciplinary) are usually a good talking point for interviews, but that's about it.

Of course it strengthens it but not by that much. Honestly, just do whatever major you like and get straight A's. The GPA is all that really matters. Pubs do though for top schools.