DO-friendly (comlex only) transitional/prelim programs for PM&R applicant

• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.

andgek

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 6, 2008
Status
Medical Student
I am applying for PM&R residency and I feel I am a competitive applicant for PM&R as a whole. But since I chose to only take the comlex (level 1 score 540) I am worried about getting an acgme transitional year/pre lim year since I know it's such a crapshoot and probably more based on numbers. Did I screw myself over by only taking the comlex? What are some DO-friendly transitional/preliminary programs?

Thanks.

olafa

10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2007
Status
Attending Physician
Any program should be equal to consider - they want people that pass their boards first attempt, they need people to do the admits and work hard and know that you moving on to something else the following year. There are many AOA programs as well but the I would worry about the "friendly" part...

About the Ads