Do honors classes usually fill up fast?

FutureNeurologist2025

Neuroscience is life!
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm going into freshman year and I was enrolled to go to another school until a few weeks ago. My old school says I have to register because I'm in the system as an inactive student. The counselor also said they will try to get my schedule as close to possible as the last one, but I'm worried I won't be able to take honors or french 1. I'm also worried that I won't get honors classes since I didn't meet the grade requirements originally, my mom signed a paper agreeing to let me into honors. I can handle the workload, so what should I do to ensure I get placed into honors? Also do honors classes usually fill up at your school?

Members don't see this ad.

From my personal experience at my school, it depends on the subject. I.e I was in honors biology and a ton of people thought it was easy, we had a couple of droppers in the first couple of weeks and some people even failed the class. On the other hand, my physics and pre calc. H classes are relatively filled, but not filled to the max just due to the difficulty associated with the classes to some people. I don't think you will be cut from an honors class unless you don't fulfill the grade requirements (that's just my school system). Personally, just don't worry about the fact if you can't be in all honors classes. My school only offers honors for core classes only, and I am pretty sure that's what most colleges are worried about. Now that doesn't mean slack off in electives, but this is just from my experience.