Do I have a chance for MD school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

MedDoctor92

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have already placed in my application (early/mid June - still under review) but I am getting very nervous about my chances. From what you all know thus far, what do you believe are my chances for admission into an MD school - assuming I interview well...?

AA female (indicated I was African AND African American on AMCAS) - (US citizen)
3.65 uGPA
~3.60 sGPA
25 MCAT (both times)
Grad program (MPH at top med institution) - 3.89 (no basic science courses)

No publications (one will be under review *cross fingers* in September/October)
Extensive research experience
Great Recs.
80 hours of clinical experience
Community service (held leadership position) for several years
Very involved in church (and have been for about 10 years - held multiple leadership positions there as well)

I did not apply to top insititutions - just "regular" schools... but I am still nervous about my chances.

Comments? Thoughts?
 
I hate to be the thread buzzkill, but there's a specific section of SDN dedicated to a peer-reviewed shots into med school. Top of the page - "What are my chances?".
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I hate to be the thread buzzkill, but there's a specific section of SDN dedicated to a peer-reviewed shots into med school. Top of the page - "What are my chances?".
No! No thread buzzkill here! Thanks for letting me know! I wasn't sure if I was posting this in the right place. I am a fairly new member so I don't know my way around sdn quite yet. I cannot find the thread. Under what section can the "what are my chances" thread be located?
 
No! No thread buzzkill here! Thanks for letting me know! I wasn't sure if I was posting this in the right place. I am a fairly new member so I don't know my way around sdn quite yet. I cannot find the thread. Under what section can the "what are my chances" thread be located?
The mods will move it, no need to cross post!