Do I have a chance of getting into any dental school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

seasas

Reaction score
I am a fourth year student majoring in Computer Science and also planning to apply to dental school. I have an overall gpa of 3.3 and a science gpa of 3.058 which includes math courses taken and 3.16 if math is not included. These gpas are the main things I am concerned about. They really dropped when I became a Math major for a while and was taking a lot of difficult math classes. Taking prehealth courses while majoring in Computer Science has also been kind of a lot and really affected my gpas. If I do really well on the DAT would I still have a chance of getting into some dental school? What DAT score should I aim for?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I got in with a 3.15 overall and 3.1 science GPA three years ago. I got a 24 on my DAT, so I did pretty well to help me stand out. I would shoot for a 22+ but yes you definitely have a chance!

Reactions: 4 users
I got in with a 3.15 overall and 3.1 science GPA three years ago. I got a 24 on my DAT, so I did pretty well to help me stand out. I would shoot for a 22+ but yes you definitely have a chance!
That's encouraging, thank you!

Right... math is not included in the "Bio-Chem-Physics" GPA. Make sure you confirm your application GPA calculations. That said, I would be sure you did very well in upper-level biomedical science coursework, especially if they were taken over the last 2 years. As for your DAT, a result of 20's across the board is going to keep you in play, so the higher the scores, the better.

Reactions: 1 user