Do I have a chance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sta94

Reaction score
GPA: 3.217 Science GPA: 3.00
- struggled freshmen year, held 3.4 and 3.5 GPA sophomore and junior year, ended up with 2.9 senior year because life happened and lost family member and housing.

- Applied last year first week of August. No interview, no acceptance.

Took DAT twice: 2017 & 2018

PAT/RC/QR/ BIO/OC/GC/TS/AA
2017:
19/18/17/22/24/20/22/20
2018:
21/20/18/21/22/25/23/21

200 hour shadowing,
6 month work in dental office,
500 hour community service,
Dope LOR from teachers (one of them was the teacher who knew I was going through alot of difficulty during senior year first semester, but she offered to write the LOR for me because she thought I was one of the good students even though I got B and B+ neurophys and endocrine.)
Currently a manager and tutor at a well known after school company. Got the job because I desperately need the money unless I would still work at the dental office.

Retook DAT, did more shadow, and community work since last cycle.

California Resident

Do I have a chance this cycle?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Of course, you have a chance.

You got great shadowing and community service hours but I am not too sure if they will weight more than GPA or DAT.

I think you have a pretty good shot, my friend! Just do your research, brush up on your interviewing skills, and be confident! Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Pretty similar portfolio to mine. Try applying to some private/oos friendly schools. In state could be a reach mate. Like every other person on this site, just have a plan with your loan payments should u be accepted and u should be in good shape!

I would have almost same GPAs' and lower DAT as yours. Also applied last cycle didn't receive any interview (applied to 9, you?). I was told that I was not considered due to having RC=15. But you don't have any below 17. So, I am curious what did you find out for the ultimate reason(s) from adcoms?

Were you doing that thing that all California kids do where they only apply in state + 1 or 2 other "name" or nearby schools?

With your GPA, that would be suicide.

If you're applying broadly, then you might have a fair shot at a lower stat school (LECOM Touro UNE etc)