No interviews yet, do i have a chance?!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1087698

Hey everyone! I applied in middle of August to 12 schools and only heard back from one school rest still says recieved/under review. I know I applied a bit late but i am seeing people getting interviews who applied in august and i feel like schools have tossed my application in 'unsure' pile. Do i have a chance of getting a pre dec interview? Stats: 20aa,19pat, 22ts, 4.0cgpa/sgpa, 150 volunteering, 100 shadowing. Applied to: lecom,uf,upenn,upitt,vcu,uconn,nova,rutgers, temple, atstill mo, buffalo. Thanks 😭

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone! I applied in middle of August to 12 schools and only heard back from one school rest still says recieved/under review. I know I applied a bit late but i am seeing people getting interviews who applied in august and i feel like schools have tossed my application in 'unsure' pile. Do i have a chance of getting a pre dec interview? Stats: 20aa,19pat, 22ts, 4.0cgpa/sgpa, 150 volunteering, 100 shadowing. Applied to: lecom,uf,upenn,upitt,vcu,uconn,nova,rutgers, temple, atstill mo, buffalo. Thanks 😭
fill out a full WAMC tmplate...

GPA: 4.0 (overall)/4.00 (science)

Major: Biological science

DAT 20AA/22TS/19PAT

Experiences: 100+ Dental Shadowing, 150+ volunteering.

Application Completed/Sent: 08/12
a FULL wamc template...

Members don't see this ad :)
a FULL wamc template...
Date of submission: 08/12
Overall GPA: 4.0
Science GPA: 4.0
Bio-Chem-Physics GPA: 4.0
DAT score (include AA and all sections): 20aa, 19pat, 22ts, 16 qr, 19 rc
State of Residence: wa
Major: biology
Minority? No
Reapplicant? No
Nontrad? No
Shadowing Experience: 110 split between various specialities (90 general)
Volunteering Experience: 150
Employment: 2000
Research: no
Other Extracurriculars: various leadership positions, dental assistant license.
LOR type and strength: 2 from science professors, 1 from dentist. (Good)
Misc Info/Things not stated elsewhere/Red Flags: 16 qr :(
School list:
Lecom, uf, pitt, upenn, uconn, vcu, temple, rutgers, at still mo, nova, buffalo

Sorry its my first time posting here

Date of submission: 08/12
Overall GPA: 4.0
Science GPA: 4.0
Bio-Chem-Physics GPA: 4.0
DAT score (include AA and all sections): 20aa, 19pat, 22ts, 16 qr, 19 rc
State of Residence: wa
Major: biology
Minority? No
Reapplicant? No
Nontrad? No
Shadowing Experience: 110 split between various specialities (90 general)
Volunteering Experience: 150
Employment: 2000
Research: no
Other Extracurriculars: various leadership positions, dental assistant license.
LOR type and strength: 2 from science professors, 1 from dentist. (Good)
Misc Info/Things not stated elsewhere/Red Flags: 16 qr :(
School list:
Lecom, uf, pitt, upenn, uconn, vcu, temple, rutgers, at still mo, nova, buffalo

Sorry its my first time posting here
Have you volunteered/shadowed/attended events at any dental schools? networking, volunteering in a D-school clinic, shadow faculty, etc.

Oh yea i did that. Forgot to put it here. But i did put it on my app.
so how come you didn't apply to UW?
and your list is all over the place geographically, yet no NW, west coast, or mountain schools...

Reactions: 1 user
so how come you didn't apply to UW?
and your list is all over the place geographically, yet no NW, west coast, or mountain schools...
Yea i only applied to east coast, there were some family obligations, but do i have chance with the schools i applied to tho?

Yea i only applied to east coast, there were some family obligations, but do i have chance with the schools i applied to tho?
Or should i add some other schools, eventho its pretty late in the cycle

schools give out interviews and acceptances to people who they think are likely to attend
without a clear mission fit, a lot of the schools you applied to are going to be hesitant to try and get a washington resident
your dat scores are not reflective of your gpa, opening you up to suspicion of grade inflation at your UG school

at upenn, your dat is going to be a huge issue
UF takes mostly IS students
UConn takes mostly NE students
UW would've been your best shot
unfortunately, you have better chance only at the expensive privates:
Lecom, temple, at still mo, nova

schools give out interviews and acceptances to people who they think are likely to attend
without a clear mission fit, a lot of the schools you applied to are going to be hesitant to try and get a washington resident
your dat scores are not reflective of your gpa, opening you up to suspicion of grade inflation at your UG school

at upenn, your dat is going to be a huge issue
UF takes mostly IS students
UConn takes mostly NE students
UW would've been your best shot
unfortunately, you have better chance only at the expensive privates:
Lecom, temple, at still mo, nova
Do u think its late for me to apply at uw now?

Members don't see this ad :)
Do u think its late for me to apply at uw now?
prob too late for pre-dec interviews, but you probably would've been looking at post dec interviews at UW (if they offer you one) anyways due to your DAT

I don't necessarily think the DAT score is that big of an issue, but applying to non-regional schools may have hurt you more. As hinted at above, generally unless the mission fit is solid or you have reasons to apply to the school that are apparent on your application schools might be more hesitant to extend an interview. They don't know that you have family obligations out east. So they don't necessarily know how committed you would be to moving across the country given you have UW right there which they'd be more inclined to believe you would attend. That would be something you might try to mention in an interview if asked.

But regardless you've already applied. You could maybe try shooting an app to UW, since better late than never. But it's also pretty late in the cycle. That would be your call. I'd imagine you could maybe hear back from some of the expensive privates on your list, but I'm not really seeing mission fit to some of the State schools.

I don't necessarily think the DAT score is that big of an issue, but applying to non-regional schools may have hurt you more. As hinted at above, generally unless the mission fit is solid or you have reasons to apply to the school that are apparent on your application schools might be more hesitant to extend an interview. They don't know that you have family obligations out east. So they don't necessarily know how committed you would be to moving across the country given you have UW right there which they'd be more inclined to believe you would attend. That would be something you might try to mention in an interview if asked.

But regardless you've already applied. You could maybe try shooting an app to UW, since better late than never. But it's also pretty late in the cycle. That would be your call. I'd imagine you could maybe hear back from some of the expensive privates on your list, but I'm not really seeing mission fit to some of the State schools.
Thanks for replying. I am not a WA native, i am only living here for the past 4 years. Before that i attended a cc in MD and lived there for about a year and the adcoms have that info. Before MD i wasn't even in the US. Do u think having that info would give me any interviews from the school i applied or is there no hope lol

Thanks for replying. I am not a WA native, i am only living here for the past 4 years. Before that i attended a cc in MD and lived there for about a year and the adcoms have that info. Before MD i wasn't even in the US. Do u think having that info would give me any interviews from the school i applied or is there no hope lol
Nothing is guaranteed, and we don't know the full picture of your app. Just what you have provided here. I'd try to just not to worry so much about it if you can. Everything is out of your control now, hopefully, you'll hear back later this fall on any interview invites. But take a deep breath, things will work out in the end.

Did you disclose your MD residence previously? I can't remember if the app lets you put down multiple states or if you weren't living in the country beforehand. Do you have your US citizenship?

Nothing is guaranteed, and we don't know the full picture of your app. Just what you have provided here. I'd try to just not to worry so much about it if you can. Everything is out of your control now, hopefully, you'll hear back later this fall on any interview invites. But take a deep breath, things will work out in the end.

Did you disclose your MD residence previously? I can't remember if the app lets you put down multiple states or if you weren't living in the country beforehand. Do you have your US citizenship?
Yes i am a citizen. But my immigration and living in md is apparent from my ps also they can see i took esl classes from md from one of the transcripts. I hope this information helps the adcoms in extending me an interview :(

oh sh@t
i'm so sorry
i read your dat wrong, i thought you had a 19 TS
you would've been competitve at UW
the problem is, the OOS publics will think you are gonna choose UW, and may stay away
my apologies

Do i have a chance of getting a pre dec interview?
Why do you think you deserve a pre-December interview? Plenty of people get offers after interviewing in the winter. Until you actually get rejected, technically they're is always a chance, but be realistic.

I'm not going to focus on the school list, but you don't do us any favors by providing very little information to gauge mission fit. I know people are sensitive to privacy, but we are not mind readers. If you didn't list your SHPEP involvement, then you probably didn't value it in your application. It's forgetting your mom's name... just don't tell mama.

You might as well apply to UW.

Do I think you have a chance? You haven't told me anything that would interest my committee to interview you... again lack of detail in your WAMC.

Skimmed the thread. Good thoughts all around. Apply to UW etc. already...you're not too late

youre going to get in 100%! just have faith the process is long and at times unfair and random. slightly lower AA but with a 4.0 gpa your a ROCKSTAR applicant! stay positive