DO I have to list all of my employments in the past?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chargers

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I ask this because I had a short time working with this one company, (seasonal) for about less than 1 month. I am afraid that if I list it on my application, the adcom will look at it and think that I was not commited to what I did which is not the case at all. I had to quit that job because it was interferring with my class schedule, and I did the best thing for my future by focusing on keeping my GPA high. Has anyone faced this problem?

Members don't see this ad.

You don't have to, no. Especially since you were in school, no one is even going to notice a gap in employment. The work/activities section is intended for you to highlight what work experiences and activities you participated in that both make you well-rounded/prepared for medical education and highlight attributes that are not apparent from GPAs and MCAT. YOU select which ones to enter - you are not compelled to enter any specific items.

thanks for the reply. One more question for you, if you don't mind. I am retaking the MCAT this August. I will start a new volunteering job this July to get more leadership skill (I already have 200+ hour of volunteering). Is it too late to apply this cycle??? I know most of the deadline is around October or November, but that would be stupid to apply that late. If I apply around mid August or early Septemper, do I still have an advantage in term of "early application"? thanks man