Do I have to submit transcript for course I took at a college while in HS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jthan

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
When i was a sophomore in high school, i took an Algebra II course at a community college to get ahead. Is it necessary for me to submit the transcript for course to AAMC?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
similar question:
Am I allowed to post it in here> I ll shoot anyways..

I took a college course in High school, but It was not accepted by my university (it was one of those college in high school program--so we had "college" class in our high school). Since my uni did not accept it, I forgot abt it and personally do not want it to count since it is an A-.

What do u think, do I have to report it on AMCAS, even though it does not appear any where but my HS transcritpt?

thanks so much!

similar question:

I took a college course in High school, but It was not accepted by my university (it was one of those college in high school program--so we had "college" class in our high school). Since my uni did not accept it, I forgot abt it and personally do not want it to count since it is an A-.

What do u think, do I have to report it on AMCAS, even though it does not appear any where but my HS transcritpt?

thanks so much!

Theoretically yes, you need to report it. I'd rather have an A- than have to worry about AMCAS finding out I did not honestly report a college-level course and then deal with the consequences.

similar question:

thanks so much!

Depends on if your HS or the college issuing the class recorded it on their records. If only the HS, then no. If it is the college, then yes.

Theoretically yes, you need to report it. I'd rather have an A- than have to worry about AMCAS finding out I did not honestly report a college-level course and then deal with the consequences.

How would AMCAS know about a class taken in HS if the college has no record of it? They wouldnt.

similar question:

thanks so much!

Which college was it run by? If it was a "college" class in high school, then it must have been run by a university and therefore must be reported. Contact that university to get the transcript. If it was just an IB or AP class that's another story.

How would AMCAS know about a class taken in HS if the college has no record of it? They wouldnt.

Dunno, but if the college the class was taken at has that A- in a record somewhere, who knows.

thanks!

I will get the transcript in submitted just to avoid any problems w/ AMCAS. I really do not want to though...welll I have no choice!

Yeah same here, just to avoid any complications. And its actually a boost on my GPA :) since i got an A, so there is nothing to lose.