Should I Do Content Review While Taking Prerequisites?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AveragePerson.Psych

Reaction score
Hi Everyone and thank you for your help! I am currently taking my Physics I, Organic Chemistry I, and an introductory biology course for my post bac (I was able to take the Gen Chem series, a few statistic courses, and an upper level biology course during my undergrad as a psych major). I had previously taken two introductory biology courses during high school for dual credit and it has been some time since then and one of the courses was a nonscience biology course (which won't fulfill the TMDSAS requirements for courses so that is one reason I am taking an intro bio course while the other is because I need to build up my understanding of the concepts for the knowledge for the MCAT).

Should I read the content review books AND course textbooks for the courses while being enrolled in them or will I be fine with practicing AAMC questions, exams and reading the course textbooks? Currently, I do plan on re-reading the content review books for Psych, Soc, and Gen Chem.

Once again, thank you for your help.

Members don't see this ad.

It's hard to say. Have you taken a practice test? It really depends on where your knowledge gaps are that are covered on the exam, which is not the same as going through the course textbook.

Reactions: 1 users
It's hard to say. Have you taken a practice test? It really depends on where your knowledge gaps are that are covered on the exam, which is not the same as going through the course textbook.
I did and I didn't break the 500 mark. I had assumed that it was because I had never taken the courses for the test, but I will do both as long as it helps. I'll reread the books and start fresh with the textbooks as well. Thank you!