Do I need to take a second quarter of calculus?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chapmmacooo

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Long time lurker, first time poster.

I am currently in my first year of undergrad at a community college. My community college runs on a quarter system and this quarter I took Calc 1. I know a lot of medical schools require math, and some require one semester of calculus. Because my college runs on a quarter system, does this mean I need to take Calc 2 in order to get one "semester" of calc? I really would rather not but at the same time I don't want to exclude myself from medical schools that might require some calculus.

Members don't see this ad.

How many different calc classes does your school offer? Most schools have calc I,II, and III, each 1 semester. So find out online or from an advisor if these are split into separate quarters.

My school runs on the quarter system as well. I took two quarters of calculus(Calc I and Calc II) and one quarter of stats to meet the one year of math requirement. To confirm, I e-mailed my local school with the descriptions of each of the courses I took.