Do I stand a chance? (lowish gpa, lots of experience)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted925864

I'll be applying for 2020.

cGPA: 3.45
bcpGPA: 3.2
sGPA: 3.5

Major: Environmental Science (meaning I haven't taken any human anatomy/physio type classes, but I will have taken biochem and microbio in addition to chem, ochem, physics, bio, and english)

Dental Experience:
hours (6 months working 32 hrs/week) working as a paid assistant for gp dentist
8 hours shadowing ortho
I have another internship lined up where I will complete another 200 hours by June (480 by the end of the internship in September) of unpaid assisting and I plan to shadow a pediatric dentist for a day or two
Total hours at time of application: ~800 hours

Volunteering

Currently only about 30 hours at different places, mostly relating to environmental science, but I will have around 100 at time of application because I'm starting a weekly volunteering gig at a museum

EC's
VP of pre-dental club
Member of honor fraternity (was Service Chair for a term)

My stats are on the lower side but I have a ton of quality experience hours so I'm hoping this will make me more competitive? I plan to take the DAT in May. I'm guessing I'll get around a 19/20. My top choice is Temple, but I'll also be applying to schools where my gpa is more competitive (Tufts, Roseman, Lake Erie, etc).

Members don't see this ad.

If you're still taking classes, try to get A-'s or higher to raise your GPA. Especially classes that fall under BCP since your BCP GPA is on the lower end.

Your clinical experience hours are great and definitely a plus. I'd try to up your volunteer hours though because 30 is on the lower end. As a dentist, you'll be working in the community and helping people. You want to show schools that you have the heart to help people. A lot of dental schools have a focus on community service, so having only 30 hours of volunteering will hurt your app. I aimed to get 100+ hours.