do i stand a chance?

Started by nmehta211
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

nmehta211

Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone,

I just stumbled upon this site and I think it is great. I wish I had discovered this site sooner. I am currently applying to medschools. I graduated from Tufts University with a 3.1 overall and a 3.1 science gpa with degrees in economics and community health. I have a 29 on the MCAT (9V,10P,10B,Q) and have ample research, volunteer, and clinical experiences. My letters of recommendation are solid and I am taking post baccaluareate classes now. unfortunately, i came down with the flue first semester, and as a result, received a 2.7. If I do well this semester, do i stand a chance in being accepted to DO schools on the east coast?

i will cross my fingers.
 
Hey I thinh you do have a good chance. Your file is a very interesting one. Even though your gpa is a little bit low your mcat's are very good. This post a very intresting question to admission teams "why the disperity". plus all your clinical an extra work would count a lot. In my case i got in in two very good scools (NSU-COM & PCOM)and my files was the opposite of yours very high gpa and average mcat and I made in. So i think that you have a shot. Good luck.

------------------
siul