DO match application - when is the last day to be considered late?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DOJEDI

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am an applicant for AOA match. I'm applying to FM. I am taking level 2 in a week and I will start working on ERAS after that. I know the programs (DO programs) can start downloading the applications now. Can someone tell me when it is considered being late to submit an application? late August is not considered late right?

Members don't see this ad.

Good question! I'm wondering the same myself. Sort of delayed working on my application...

It is completely up to the programs. Each program can set a deadline, or choose to only review some fixed number of applications, etc. There's no way to make a broad statement.

Some programs may decide to only look at those apps that come in early for this above reason -- if you "delayed" getting this done when it's clearly a pretty important step in your education and career, that might portend that you're going to be one of those residents who doesn't get their duty hours logged, Step 3 taken in time, BLS cert done, research project complete, etc.

Reactions: 1 user