DO match application - when is the last day to be considered late?

DOJEDI

2+ Year Member
Dec 3, 2015
    I am an applicant for AOA match. I'm applying to FM. I am taking level 2 in a week and I will start working on ERAS after that. I know the programs (DO programs) can start downloading the applications now. Can someone tell me when it is considered being late to submit an application? late August is not considered late right?

NotAProgDirector

Pastafarians Unite!
    Staff member
    Volunteer Staff
    Verified Expert
    15+ Year Member
    Oct 11, 2006
    1. Attending Physician
      It is completely up to the programs. Each program can set a deadline, or choose to only review some fixed number of applications, etc. There's no way to make a broad statement.

Some programs may decide to only look at those apps that come in early for this above reason -- if you "delayed" getting this done when it's clearly a pretty important step in your education and career, that might portend that you're going to be one of those residents who doesn't get their duty hours logged, Step 3 taken in time, BLS cert done, research project complete, etc.

Reactions: 1 user
      About the Ads
      This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      7. This thread is locked.