DO/MD school list help after SMP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

metatranscriptome

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a nontrad re applicant, MI resident who is finishing up an SMP with no guaranteed admission after completion. I'm applying MD/DO and mainly need help with my DO school list.

uGPA 3.02 sGPA 3.0

SMP GPA 3.79

MCAT 512 125/129/128/130

ORM, disadvantaged

ECs

3,000 hours research across multiple studies COVID, public health, histology

1,500 clinical hours as a PCT working full time during the masters program

5,000 ish hours working in retail throughout undergrad

Shadowing 200ish hours across FM, EM (DO), Nephro

Volunteering

90ish hours across different soup kitchens and food banks

120 hours donating a custom mural to a city

School list

DO

MSUCOM

Des Moines

PCOM

LMU-DCOM

KCU-COM

Alabama COM

Marian U

Erie

MW Az

WVCOM

UNECOM

MD

Wayne State

Oakland U

Michigan State

Central MI

Toledo

Western MI --> reach

UoM --> BIG reach prob a waste of an app lol

Cincinnati

U o Louisville

Vermont

MCW

Northeast ohio U

Tulane

Virginia Tech

NY medical college

Hackensack

George Washington

Quinnipac

Idk how much DO programs value my grad gpa over my trash undergrad if any of you have insight on that I would really appreciate it. Thank you for taking the time to read this <3

Members don't see this ad.

@Goro I'd appreciate your feedback on my DO school list, I'm not 100% sure which programs would screen me out due to my low uGPA and which would not. Thank you!

Remove Northeast Ohio, Louisville and Virginia Tech since they admit few applicants who are not from the state or region. You could add these DO schools:
Touro-NY
NYITCOM
TUNCOM
UIWSOM
WCU-COM

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Remove Northeast Ohio, Louisville and Virginia Tech since they admit few applicants who are not from the state or region. You could add these DO schools:
Touro-NY
NYITCOM
TUNCOM
UIWSOM
WCU-COM
Thank you! are there other MDs I should add in place of those?

DO

MSUCOM
Des Moines
PCOM
KCU-COM
Alabama COM
Marian U
Erie
MW Az
WVCOM
NYITCOM.AR
CUSOM
KCOM
KYCOM
LECOM.B
UIW
Wayne State
Oakland U
Michigan State
Central MI
Vermont
MCW
Tulane
NY medical college
Hackensack
George Washington
Gtown
Wake
Quinnipac
Albany
Drexel
Temple (maybe)
Tufts
Miami
Creighton
SLU
NovaMD
Wake
Rosy Franklin
Rush
Loyola
NYU.LI
Idk how much DO programs value my grad gpa over my trash undergrad if any of you have insight on that I would really appreciate it. Thank you for taking the time to read this <3
My list above. It's your job to find out what DO schools have a GPA cutoff.

NYITCOM.AR
CUSOM
KCOM
KYCOM
LECOM.B
UIW

Gtown
Wake
Quinnipac
Albany
Drexel
Temple (maybe)
Tufts
Miami
Creighton
SLU
NovaMD
Wake
Rosy Franklin
Rush
Loyola
NYU.LI

My list above. It's your job to find out what DO schools have a GPA cutoff.
Thank you! I appreciate it

I did an SMP with a trash uGPA, and got into CHSU and LECOM. I'd apply there. Even though you're not from California, CHSU is still a good bet since they're new and your MCAT is reasonably higher than their median. They want to steadily increase their numbers over time, so they'll probably be looking for splitter apps like yours. This is similar to WMed, but your MCAT is pretty low for them.

Pass on CHSU OP. You did well with your SMP and can avoid a new DO program with a lot of unknowns.

Pass on CHSU OP. You did well with your SMP and can avoid a new DO program with a lot of unknowns.
It's not about whether you should pass or not. It's giving you an option. I had better stats than OP, and I was fortunate enough to get into an established MD program, but if I hadn't I would have happily gone to CHSU. Getting in somewhere is better than no where, unless its Caribbean.

It's not about whether you should pass or not. It's giving you an option. I had better stats than OP, and I was fortunate enough to get into an established MD program, but if I hadn't I would have happily gone to CHSU. Getting in somewhere is better than no where, unless its Caribbean.
They don’t need it, the schools provided already are more than enough.