Do med school applications ask for activity duration in terms of years or semesters?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Macromind101

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
What I'm trying to ask is, do med school applications typically ask you to list the times in school you did your extracurricular activities in terms of years or semesters? For example, I am doing AMSA (American Medical Student Association) right now. When I list it as one of my activities on my application, do I tell them I did it freshman year first semester or freshman year as a whole?

The reason I'm asking is, I applied for Alpha Epsilon Delta (the pre-med honors society) and didn't get in. I'm going to try and apply again next semester and if I do get in and if I remain in AED for the rest of undergrad, am I going to have to tell the med schools I apply for that I did AED for all but the first semester? If they ask for undergrad activities in terms of whole years, then I won't be lying if I check freshman year as one of the years I participated in the club.

Members don't see this ad.

What I'm trying to ask is, do med school applications typically ask you to list the times in school you did your extracurricular activities in terms of years or semesters? For example, I am doing AMSA (American Medical Student Association) right now. When I list it as one of my activities on my application, do I tell them I did it freshman year first semester or freshman year as a whole?

The reason I'm asking is, I applied for Alpha Epsilon Delta (the pre-med honors society) and didn't get in. I'm going to try and apply again next semester and if I do get in and if I remain in AED for the rest of undergrad, am I going to have to tell the med schools I apply for that I did AED for all but the first semester? If they ask for undergrad activities in terms of whole years, then I won't be lying if I check freshman year as one of the years I participated in the club.
You put a month range (eg 7/2013 - 4/2014) and the total number of hours worked. No check boxes for semesters/years.