Do med schools know where else we applied?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mike59

Sweatshop FP in Ontario
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
On the AMCAS that schools receive, does a lower tier school know that I've also applied to some top 10's as well? Do they get the full list?

Thanks a bundle!

Members don't see this ad.

according to others on this site (that is my only source of info on this matter), the answer is no. apparently they receive this info later in the process -- may 15th i think.

Should they? No. Do they? Yes, based on my experience at my interviews so far. Can somebody please tell me how big brother manages this one?

Members don't see this ad :)
CaNem: What do you mean they should not but they could?

From my experience past year, they don't know your other choices, but sometimes an interviewer would try to ask you "where else have you applied", which has gotta be one of my most hated interview questions of all time.

I'm thinking that if you ever recertify and resubmit your application in order to apply to other schools, then the schools you have already applied to can detect this through AMCAS. Thus, I think recertifying and resubmitting is a definite sign they can tell you are applying to other schools. I doubt they can tell which ones though. Anybody else agree? This theory does not work for people that apply to all schools at the same time and never apply to any thereafter.