Do most dental/pharm/therapy schools accept non-science CLEP?

glowworm

inching along
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Since I do not have any AP course credits, I want to try to pass some CLEP tests instead. do most professional schools accept CLEP for english, western civ, econ classes, etc.? I will take the regular college courses for all math and science classes.

If not, will they accept AP courses for these subjects?

If I get a bachelors degree and my college gives me credit for CLEP tests, does that mean my professional school will automatically accept the credits?

Also,how can I find info about a specific school for stuff like this? I found the OK college of dentistry, but couldn't find any info on acceptance requirements, required courses,tuition, etc.

Sorry for all the questions and thanks for your help!

Members don't see this ad.

I think you should contact a specific college of density, medicine or pharmacy about that.

Yeah, I looked at my state schools for pharm-they accept non-science clep. my state med school accepts non-prerequisite clep if it is followed by more advanced courses in the same field. Couldn't figure out anything about the dental school's clep policy.

Is this the same at most schools, or are these policies not very common? I would just look at some other specific school websites, but I have no idea what schools I will be trying to get into in 4 more years besides my state ones.

Is there a list somewhere of professional schools' clep policies?

I've heard that most colleges do. I'd do as tennisball said though and take a look at the schools you're thinking of applying at.