Do MSIII and MSIV use the PDR?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sunkists

im a fatty
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Question: Do MSIII/MSIV use the Physician's Desk Reference? I have the 2005 Edition that someone gave me but I don't need it (or want it). If they do use it, I guess I'd want to sell it... but if someone here thinks I should hang on to it (I'm an MSI), could you let me know?

Members don't see this ad.

sell it. money is more useful.

so MSIII/IV really do use it? i'm trying to make sure before i spam my school haha.

Members don't see this ad :)
it's available for free to anyone with a PDA.

I'd keep it. You got it for free. It's a very nice and useful reference book. Sure you'll get the smaller free versions for your PDA but it will be nice to have the full text at home. Even for your own medical use I think it's good to have. We've always had one at my house even though neither of my parents are physicians.

fourthyearmed said:
I'd keep it. You got it for free. It's a very nice and useful reference book. Sure you'll get the smaller free versions for your PDA but it will be nice to have the full text at home. Even for your own medical use I think it's good to have. We've always had one at my house even though neither of my parents are physicians.

this advice is SO wrong. there's no reason to keep the text. you can sell it and use the cash for something more useful, like basketball shoes.

any and every piece of useful drug information is available via the www, in real-time. anything in the text is bound to become outdated; so do yourself a favor and sell the book while it's still relatively current.

If you can make some money at it, or make someone else happy by giving it away, I'd do that. I've used the PDR once since medical school - looking at pictures of pills with a patient to see if they could identify that "thing for my heart". The information is available in so many other places that I can't imagine its an indispensible item.

It makes a nice doorstop. Apart from that, chuck it.

doc05 said:
this advice is SO wrong. there's no reason to keep the text. you can sell it and use the cash for something more useful, like basketball shoes.

Basketball shoes.. they're more useful for prep if you're interested in ortho! :laugh: