Do observerships help with courtsey interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

strugglingIMG

Reaction score
Hi
I am an ECFMG certified IMG with pretty poor scores. I graduated 5 years ago and have about 6 manuscripts and bunch of reserarch. I have been told to do observerships to increase my chances of interviews at programs with residency.

I was wondering if programs do provide a courtsey interviews to studetns/applicants that have completed rotations with them?
If they do, do you know of any program that does this?

Thank you in advance for your help

Members don't see this ad.

"Courtesy" interview = I interview you as a courtesy, so as not to hurt your feelings or insult the person whom you did the observership with / asked me to interview you, but I have no plan to actually rank you.

What you're actually looking for are programs that actually consider those that have done observerships. That's going to be hard to answer, since it will depend on how well you do on the rotation, the program, and your application.

Reactions: 3 users
"Courtesy" interview = I interview you as a courtesy, so as not to hurt your feelings or insult the person whom you did the observership with / asked me to interview you, but I have no plan to actually rank you.

What you're actually looking for are programs that actually consider those that have done observerships. That's going to be hard to answer, since it will depend on how well you do on the rotation, the program, and your application.
Thank you for your reply. I was wondering if you could suggest programs that give you an opportunity to observe