DO or MD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Frostmoon

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just got my recent MCAT score back, 30R. 10 on each section. I have a 3.92 cGPA, 3.94sGPA. Average EC. Canadian citizenship. I used to be interested in DO only coz I got a 6 verbal on my first MCAT (I'm ESL). Now that I have a 10, I'm starting to wonder if I have a shot at some of the MD schools. Is it too late to apply this cycle? which school is canadian friendly?

Any suggestion is appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys,

Just got my recent MCAT score back, 30R. 10 on each section. I have a 3.92 cGPA, 3.94sGPA. Average EC. Canadian citizenship. I used to be interested in DO only coz I got a 6 verbal on my first MCAT (I'm ESL). Now that I have a 10, I'm starting to wonder if I have a shot at some of the MD schools. Is it too late to apply this cycle? which school is canadian friendly?

Any suggestion is appreciated.

I'm going to assume you haven't done your primaries yet for MD schools? Yes, it is quite late in the cycle, considering you're going to have to wait to get verified. You have an excellent shot at DO schools I think.

An okay shot. 30 is about average at a lot of MDs, not sure how your citizenship affects the expectations/demands of your MCAT score though. But I concur, if you haven't submitted yet, you're going to get rolling late in the game.

Great for DO though, I hear MSUCOM likes Canadians too.