Do oral board examiners ask doses?

Started by deleted525153
Tags Tags
oral board oral boards
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

There are about 5 drugs in anesthesia and he is having a hard time memorizing the pediatric doses.

😵
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
One of my attending said they were asked the intranasal dose of a not commonly used drug, so I don't think it's an unreasonable question.
 
I'm preparing to take it soon and am wondering how much I should review pediatric dosing or if it's just a waste of time.

Yes, anything is fair game.

I got asked the dose of epinephrine for a neonate during a resuscitation scenario. However I think that there are “higher yield” concepts that you should commit to memory first before focusing on concepts such as pediatric dosing.