DO Osteopathic friendly allopathic radiology programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Believe2008

BELIEVE2008
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know there are several posts discussing D.O.'s in allopathic versus osteopathic radiology residencies...but I was hoping to get a running list or specific site that could tell me what allopathic residencies accept D.O.'s

Thanks for your input

Members don't see this ad.

Look at the various forums...theoretically, ALL institutions will accept D.Os...i dont think a program will specify if they accept us or not (might be a legal issue) Which are D.O friendly? Go to a specific school website and look up their residents. For example, Temple and Drexel tend to take D.Os....but here is the best advice ive gotten...if youre good, youre good...take the usmles and de-bac-le them so that the issue of being a D.O doesnt even matter (we are all equal, supposidly) best of luck

I know there are several posts discussing D.O.'s in allopathic versus osteopathic radiology residencies...but I was hoping to get a running list or specific site that could tell me what allopathic residencies accept D.O.'s

Thanks for your input

The best lists so far are over on the auntminnie.com forums. Check out the "medical students" section.

You can also puruse the match lists.

Members don't see this ad :)
You should also check this past year's match lists on the osteopathic forum. There were DO's accepted to programs that had never interviewed DO's in the past. It is too broad to say that all programs accept and interview DO's. You should apply to programs that have taken DO's in the past and also to a few programs you are really interested in that have never taken DO's. It is a huge waste of money to apply to a lot of programs that have never interviewed or taken DO's. More of the Texas programs took DO's this year, and Iowa took its first DO ever. Just look at the osteopathic forum match list.

You should also check this past year's match lists on the osteopathic forum. There were DO's accepted to programs that had never interviewed DO's in the past. It is too broad to say that all programs accept and interview DO's. You should apply to programs that have taken DO's in the past and also to a few programs you are really interested in that have never taken DO's. It is a huge waste of money to apply to a lot of programs that have never interviewed or taken DO's. More of the Texas programs took DO's this year, and Iowa took its first DO ever. Just look at the osteopathic forum match list.

I also just got word that a DO from VCOM is headed to MCV next year...He may be their first DO rad...I don't recall seeing any DO's on their resident lists in recent years...

There are a handful of DO's in other programs there though...

Does anyone have a good guess on what a competitive USMLE score is for a DO pursuing allopathic rads spots based on this past year?

Does anyone have a good guess on what a competitive USMLE score is for a DO pursuing allopathic rads spots based on this past year?

Most of the matchees I've talked to got between 230-250.

The average USMLE score to match into radiology is 235 plus or minus one point as I recall from the prior year's match (not this match year). As a DO, you should strive to have better stats (class ranking, USMLE score, clerkship grades) than the allo candidates as many residencies may see you as inferior to other allo candidates otherwise. Below is the thread where students are posting their osteo match lists. It is a good more up to date resource, just do the research for finding rad programs that take DO's

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=506978&page=1